copying to new slide

Discuss anything ProShow Gold related
BethS

copying to new slide

Postby BethS » Sat Aug 04, 2007 12:04 pm

I feel so silly asking this question since I have made a number of shows but here goes...........I have not been working on shows for a few weeks and seem to have lost the ability to copy to the next slide. Here is what I need help with remembering.....

when I open a slide with two images on it and click on the motions tab I want one image at the start to be at 100% and the other slide to be at 50%. The motion at the end of the slide will be reversed so that the image that started at 100 is now going to end at 50 and the image that stared at 50 will end at 100. So far so good.......Now I want to copy that end image to the next slide. Shouldn't the end image appear as the start image in the next slide? Did I imagine that it should? The new slide looks exactly like the previous slide. What am I doing wrong. Am I going crazy? Oh, I upgraded to 1967. Could that be my problem?

Any help for my sanity would be appreciated.

Beth

BethS

copying problem

Postby BethS » Sat Aug 04, 2007 12:58 pm

I am on the phone with photodex and this seems to be a 1967 problem, not my mind problem. Thanks goodness. They are checking it out right now. Will update.

ProShow Hall of Fame

Postby DickK » Sat Aug 04, 2007 12:59 pm

Beth,

Sure wish I could look over your shoulder 'cause I'm not sure I'm "with ya" here -- but here goes. I just went and did a couple experiments with what you described. I'm still using the 1942 build by the way.

I've got a slide with two images (layers) on it, one at 50% and one at 100%. Motion setting for layer one is zoom to 100% the other to zoom to 50%. That's slide #1.

On the motions screen there are two buttons that perform a copy to next slide. One copies just the active layer and one copies all the layers. Both of them copy "ending position" to the next slide (call that one #2), in this case one layer or both of them. Assuming that #2 slide started empty, then what I get is what I'd expect: #2 has the copy of the "ending position" of one or both layers of #1. Opening #2 shows the start & end positions are the same and look like the "ending position" of the slide before it.

Not positive that's what you were doing but that's what I did and what I'm seeing. Any help so far?

Dick
"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it." Aristotle ((PSG, PSE & Fuji HS20 user)) Presentation Impact Blog

BethS

copying

Postby BethS » Sat Aug 04, 2007 1:04 pm

HI Dick,

You may not have seen my reply that I am on hold with photodex and my problem appears to be a 1967 glitch. They are "working" on in it right now. I have made lots of shows and knew I was not going crazy!

Beth

Return to PSG - General Discussion