Two questions

Discuss anything ProShow Gold related
BethS

Two questions

Postby BethS » Tue Aug 14, 2007 6:41 pm

Hi all,

I have been playing around all day with some new masks. Fun, fun. Hey, I have two questions. One about sound and the other about picture aspect. First, the sound......I know I can add a sound to a slide or to the whole show. What I want to know is how do I start a song at slide 10, let's say. No music until then, just starting at 10. I know about the edits and fades but I cannot figure out how to start somewhere other than the beginning. I can put a sound on one slide but not on a group of slides. Any help out there?

Second, when I add a picture or mask or whatever to my slide how can push the side in or the top or bottom in without the whole picture shrinking or growing. You know how you have a mask and you want to hide the edges of the picture underneath it......sometimes the sides only are a bit too wide or the top and bottom peak out and you just need to nudge it smaller (or larger). Any ideas on this one. I have clicked the different choices under aspect but I must be doing something wrong. Either that or this is just not possible in gold.

Thanks for all of your advice and help.

Beth

Postby gpsmikey » Tue Aug 14, 2007 7:58 pm

The first question is easy -- if you want the music to start at slide
10, the easiest way is to attach the music to slide 10 and check the
box that says continue playing after the slide has ended. (another
option is to put it on the main track, but tell it to start x seconds
delayed but you would have to play with that number if you change
the slide timing.

For your second question, I have not done that so someone else
will have to answer that one.

mikey
You can't have too many gadgets or too much disk space !!
mikey (PSP6, Photoshop CS6, Vegas Pro 14, Acid 7, BluffTitler, Nikon D300s, D810)
Lots of PIC and Arduino microprocessor stuff too !!

Postby Barbara_K » Tue Aug 14, 2007 10:34 pm

Beth,

The following short tutorial I did for someone else might be helpful for positioning your songs in the soundtrack.

http://www.photodex.com/sharing/viewsho ... 7980&alb=0

As to your second question the only way to change the aspect ratio of images in PSG is to use the edit function to crop your image to the correct aspect ratio. This is possible in Producer by unlocking the X and Y coordinates but not in Gold. Personally I think it's easier to just use the correct aspect ratio when creating a mask or image in a third party application like Photoshop. To fit the slide without shrinking or growing you need either a 4:3 or 16:9 aspect ratio depending on whether your show is full screen or wide screen.

Barbara

Postby iromero » Wed Aug 15, 2007 1:46 am

Beth,

If I understand your second quesion correctly, I think you may be able to achieve what you are looking for by placing a solid color layer mask under the mask that you are using for the photo. Size this solid color layer to fit within the boundary of your mask so that no edges are showing outside of the 1st layer mask. Now, add your picture and use the solid color layer as a mask for the picture. This should allow you pan , zoom or resize the picture without exceeding the edges of your mask.

I hope this helps.

Ivan

BethS

Thanks

Postby BethS » Wed Aug 15, 2007 4:38 am

Mikey, Barbara and Ivan,

Thanks for all of the suggestions. I will try them today.

Beth

Postby bigsewed » Wed Aug 15, 2007 5:36 am

What Mike is referring to is the offset option in the Show Soundtrack dialog box...
I also use the technique of recording silence as a "song" to hold the time for the time frame needed...

Return to PSG - General Discussion