New build -- 1974 now available ...

Discuss anything ProShow Gold related

Postby Barbara_K » Thu Aug 16, 2007 9:59 am

Lenmil wrote:I would go with Mikey's option then. Rename the folder or add a folder and put it in there in case you need it later on.

Already deleted it. No problems. It's gone and I'm happy. Thanks.

Barbara

Update from Photodex

Postby Barbara_K » Thu Aug 16, 2007 2:00 pm

I received a phone call from Brandon at Photodex regarding the email I received and posted earlier. Apparently the information given me in the email was in error. Brandon assured me that Photodex will have a revision shortly (no time period given) that will have the option to not have the demo load at startup.

I haven't had much experience with Photodex tech support but was impressed that they are at least monitoring what information is given out.

Barbara

Honorary ProShow PHD

Postby Lavina Molnar » Thu Aug 16, 2007 2:53 pm

I can't say a thing against Photodex tech support - three or four times I've had to ask by email for their help with various things. They were always very helpful and very prompt to acknowledge receipt of query and then make reply no later than a day afterwards.

Lavina

BethS

support

Postby BethS » Thu Aug 16, 2007 4:02 pm

The last time I need help they were, of course, very helpful. I asked the guy I spoke to if he built this. He told me that he is one of them. When he put me on hold to address a big problem I was having that they were not aware of it seemed as though he was conferring with the design team. I could be wrong but I don't think these are just trained tech guys who answer the phones. Good to know they are so hands on. If I am wrong, please correct me.

Beth

ProShow Hall of Fame

Re: support

Postby DickK » Thu Aug 16, 2007 6:15 pm

bnshdl wrote: I could be wrong but I don't think these are just trained tech guys who answer the phones. Good to know they are so hands on. If I am wrong, please correct me.
Beth

Based on my only contacts (2 of them) I agree. They're pretty close-hold on the company info and it's private so they don't have to disclose much. In any case, this is a pretty small outfit and my impression is that everyone is involved. It can be real dangerous putting the engineers out there in a support role because they tend to get defensive about things (problem? can't be, I know my code's perfect) but it's clear to me that they've got somebody real close to the engineers (maybe testers, product managers, etc) on the support "front lines". In my experience the downside to dealing with a group like this is that you'll sometimes feel like you (the customer) are on the beta test team all the time--sound familiar? Personally, I give 'em a lot of credit for being responsive and for genuinely trying. I'm annoyed by, but can easily overlook, the versions that show some "regression" issues :)

Dick
"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it." Aristotle ((PSG, PSE & Fuji HS20 user)) Presentation Impact Blog

Previous

Return to PSG - General Discussion