Burning DVD that can be edited

Discuss anything ProShow Gold related

Burning DVD that can be edited

Postby Valboo » Sat Sep 01, 2007 8:13 pm

I need to transfer my ProShow production to my laptop from my PC as I will be travelling. I have the program on both computers. How can I do it and keep working on the production in my laptop?

Would appreciate your help.

Val
Val

Postby Camlork » Sun Sep 02, 2007 12:22 am

In PSP there is an item under the file menu "collect show files" which allows you to move all files for a show between computers. Should be something similar in PS Gold.

Ted

ProShow Hall of Fame

Postby briancbb » Sun Sep 02, 2007 1:33 am

Val

Using 'Collect show files' should work, but there is one think to look out for. It will only move to a directory those files that have been 'used' in the show so far. If you require further images to carry on working on the show, move these manually to the folders 'collect shows' sets up.

Once you have the 'collected shows' folder, and any additional material required in it, copy this to the laptop.

When working on the laptop should PSG complain that it can't find an image, point manually to the first image in its directory and it should then automatically find all other resources.

Brian

Postby cherub » Sun Sep 02, 2007 2:33 am

Another idea:
Personally I never trust a program to do my job. I always make backups manually.
What I suggest is to copy the whole directory structure to the laptop, in the same shell format as they are on your desktop computer, with everything relevant inside them.
This way you'll be able to go back and forth many times, by just copy/paste.
I often backup my shows to DVD while working on them, and this is the way I do it. I copy the entire directory.

Postby Valboo » Mon Sep 03, 2007 3:29 pm

Thank you all for your quick response and good info. Worked like a charm!

Val
Val

Return to PSG - General Discussion