Shut down...

Discuss anything ProShow Gold related

Shut down...

Postby PhotoMill » Wed Feb 06, 2008 5:16 pm

Hello again,

Has anyone else experienced this? I was finished with my project assembly. Now I went to burn the DVD. After checking what needed to be checked etc., I went to burn a DVD. Within seconds, the whole program shut down completely and disappeared. I had to re-activate via the desktop icon. Second attempt it made it to the "Creating DVD Image" box and then "poof" .. all shut down again. Final try before banging my head against the wall and be darned but it actually made it to the rendering screen and ulitmately to the burn process. Can't figure this one out at all. Bottom line is that I did get my DVD's burned and in testing them out on the TV, they are perfect! But why the total shut-down?
Anyone... ??

...Steve
Tax me...
I'm Canadian, eh?

Canon 50D & 70D, Epson 4990 Scanner, Epson R1800 printer
Lumapix, Paint Shop Pro X6, ProShow Producer 9
Video Studio Pro X5

Postby gpsmikey » Wed Feb 06, 2008 5:49 pm

This problem has been reported a number of times with various causes. First
thing to try - burn to an ISO file instead (you just select the ISO burner from the
burner select menu). If that works, then use the free imgburn utility to burn to
a DVD. If that also fails, the next most common problem is a corrupted audio or
video file (usually audio) and that is a process of elimination to find which one
it is. Proshow is somewhat less than helpful with giving users error messages when
it encounters a corrupted file. See if that gets you started -- here is the selection
menu (although this is Producer - Gold may be a bit different).

mikey
You can't have too many gadgets or too much disk space !!
mikey (PSP6, Photoshop CS6, Vegas Pro 14, Acid 7, BluffTitler, Nikon D300s, D810)
Lots of PIC and Arduino microprocessor stuff too !!

ProShow Hall of Fame

Postby briancbb » Thu Feb 07, 2008 1:48 am

Steve

This is a stab in the dark, I have never had DVD burning problems :D (that's it I will now). I don't know how 'new' your DVD drives are but there are times when Photodex updates their burning capability. (under 'Help' > 'Upgrade CD/DVD support'). Is this the problem?

Brian

Postby PhotoMill » Thu Feb 07, 2008 4:39 pm

Thanks for the feedback. Both are great replies.
The first instance was in trying to render the menu page which was well before the DVD contact. (at least from what was visible on screen)

I'm just getting into ProShow but plan to take it to it's max if the grey matter co-operates... :mrgreen:

...Steve
Tax me...
I'm Canadian, eh?

Canon 50D & 70D, Epson 4990 Scanner, Epson R1800 printer
Lumapix, Paint Shop Pro X6, ProShow Producer 9
Video Studio Pro X5

Return to PSG - General Discussion