PSG for web site

Not sure if what you want to post fits in the other forums? Post it here!

PSG for web site

Postby cloe789 » Sat Jul 18, 2009 12:27 pm

Hello and it's good to be here, new to the forum!
I'm wondering if any of you have uploaded your PSG to your web site and if I could take a look at it. Being a newbie this would give me some idea of how it would look on a web page. I am in process of creating a show for mine and would much appreciate any advice :)
Thanks much.

Re: PSG for web site

Postby debngar » Sat Jul 18, 2009 3:40 pm

I have done it two ways, uploaded to YouTube, then embedded the YouTube link to the show in my blog. The other way is I made a flash show, uploaded the files to my server and just pointed to the path that has the file in it.

It's not a fancy way to do it and I don't have much knowledge about coding but you can see the two different results here:

My blog is a template so I don't have to know CSS coding because it's already in the template. You can see one of the embedded YouTube shows here:

"Cats In The Wild"
http://deborah-green.com/blog/

Here is a flash version of a promo for our hardware store for sale:

"Williams Hardware Store For Sale"
http://www.deborah-green.com/dgp_flash/ ... 0x480.html

That page is very plain though.

Neither one of these uses the Photodex px file or Presenter to view the show. The YouTube show is generated right in ProShow as well as the flash version too. I happen to use Producer.
Debbie
Photography http://deborah-green.com

Valued Member

Postby Roo57 » Sat Jul 18, 2009 5:22 pm

Hatter

Postby Hatter » Sun Jul 19, 2009 4:13 pm

I just use YouTube. The HD option is pretty good and it lets the viewer watch as SD or HD to suit their connection speed.
The package I used to make my website (Serif WebPlus) makes it very easy to embed a YouTube video.

Postby cloe789 » Mon Jul 20, 2009 7:09 pm

My very grateful thanks to you. This has been so helpful and what a plus to be able to browse your web sites and some lovely presentations I might never have seen otherwise. Some of these pictures are wonderful. I get the idea. Now the decision to make is either .flv (flash), You Tube, or just PSG Presenter. with Presenter I worry about the 'activex' mesage that comes up. People might be afraid to 'allow' the show . . . Maybe I should create all 3 formats and see what looks/fits best . . . :D Bless you!

Site Admin

Postby MG - Admin » Mon Jul 20, 2009 7:24 pm

cloe789 wrote:Now the decision to make is either .flv (flash), You Tube, or just PSG Presenter. with Presenter I worry about the 'activex' mesage that comes up. People might be afraid to 'allow' the show . . . Maybe I should create all 3 formats and see what looks/fits best

I offer the Presenter version as well as YouTube on my site. Gives the viewers a choice if they want it.

Reminds me - I need to create more shows!

Mike

Postby cloe789 » Wed Jul 22, 2009 12:03 pm

Mike, the shows are fantastic, I'm so impressed, my grateful thanks for your sharing. Continue to make beautiful and creative slide shows :D

Return to Odds & Ends