Increase the size of the boxes on motion effects

Post your requested features for future versions of ProShow Gold here.
winsome

Increase the size of the boxes on motion effects

Postby winsome » Thu Oct 22, 2009 10:41 pm

I have a 24" screen but when I am working in the slide options -effects -motion effects boxes I am using two boxes that are about 2" X 2". It would be great to scale these whole screen to encompass the entire video screen from more precise work and for speed of use. It would also be nice to be able to adjust the size of the grid to increase the number of boxes for the same reason. thanks in advance.

Re: Increase the size of the boxes on motion effects

Postby bellzerr » Fri Oct 23, 2009 4:24 am

I vote for this one too! Even with my "readers" on many of the Proshow screens are too small. As screen resolutions increase, this becomes even more important.
----
I believe you can adjust the grid size - I forget where - maybe right click menu?

Postby debngar » Fri Oct 23, 2009 8:23 am

If I'm understanding you correctly, there's a way to click and get a larger view of the start and ending frames to edit your slide in the slide edit motions or edit effects window. Upper right corner icon next to the two dark arrows. Click to toggle between "larger dialog" or "smaller dialog". In Gold, you don't really have more than a start and ending key frame exactly like we do in Producer. But I think that option to view your editing in a larger window still exists.
Debbie
Photography http://deborah-green.com

Postby bellzerr » Fri Oct 23, 2009 10:51 am

Hey - I never knew that box was there. However, on my Producer 4, it does nothing when I click it.

Honorary ProShow PHD

Postby TinaJ » Fri Oct 23, 2009 11:41 am

Bellzer, mine doesn't do anything either and it's so big I have a hard time working on lining up things, for example, a sign pole that my granddaughter was dancing around, if the pics are just a tad different, its hard to line them up and have to keep adjusting. With that big window, I have to drag it waaaay out of the way!!
Tina
PSG 3, PSP 4, Photoshop CS, Sony Alpha 200,
Grade 2/3 teacher
Somebody's Nanny all the time!

winsome

Postby winsome » Fri Oct 23, 2009 12:54 pm

debnar,
I'm not sure what you are referring to. Here is the box I am working from:http://s815.photobucket.com/albums/zz73/winsome747/?action=view&current=ProshowGold.jpg and I don't see what you are referring to.

Postby Barbara_K » Fri Oct 23, 2009 5:59 pm

Clicking the magnifying glass icon opens the preview window.
Hope this helps.

Barbara

Postby debngar » Fri Oct 23, 2009 6:13 pm

I'm using version 4-2549. I would think this would be a feature of both Producer and Gold but apparently not. I can't tell you where it is in the previous versions. It used to come up with the magnifying glass that Barbara K pointed out. Click once and it made it larger, click again and you'd get the super large version but only with one frame.

Some features only come by purchasing the Producer version I guess, sort of like the difference between Elements and full blown Photodshop. :(
Debbie

Postby bellzerr » Sat Oct 24, 2009 3:49 am

debngar wrote:Click to toggle between "larger dialog" or "smaller dialog".

I found this "button" and it works on my laptop which has a higher resolution than my office PC. On my office PC, the button does nothing - I suppose because Proshow figures out that there is not enough screen resolution to display a larger editing dialog box. I'll display a screen print if I can figure out how. :oops:
Not only are the two images larger, but the slider bars are longer as well so you can get more precise adjustment when using them.
Thanks for this tip! This will be a big help with the all important motion effects.

Postby debngar » Sat Oct 24, 2009 6:30 am

I found this "button" and it works on my laptop which has a higher resolution than my office PC. On my office PC, the button does nothing - I suppose because Proshow figures out that there is not enough screen resolution to display a larger editing dialog box.

Very weird. I can't explain why it may not work on one PC but works on another. It would be interesting to see what Photodex had to say why that happens as you describe. :roll:
Debbie

Postby Barbara_K » Sat Oct 24, 2009 6:36 am

The button to toggle between "larger dialog" and "smaller dialog" doesn't exist in ProShow Gold. I'm using Gold 4.2549 and the only option is the magnifier icon which opens "precision preview". Precision preview does only show one frame at a time but you can toggle between starting and ending position.

Barbara

winsome

Postby winsome » Sat Oct 24, 2009 10:18 am

On my software, the latest Gold, that button does open a larger screen but the changes made there are imprecise and revert back or move from where I place them without notice.

Return to PSG - Feature Requests