Photoshop Actions

Discuss which third party applications you use to help create your slide shows using ProShow Gold. This is not a forum to promote other slide show software programs.

Re: Photoshop Actions

Postby heckydog » Sat Oct 31, 2009 4:40 pm

BarbaraC wrote:Exactly as I thought too, but the darned thing doesn't work with Save for Web. There has to be a way, and periodically I tinker with it to no avail. Very irritating.

Barbara

Great minds think alike, even if we don't know what we're talking about :lol:

Have you tried it with a gif or png to see if it will work that way?

Joe

Postby BarbaraC » Sat Oct 31, 2009 4:46 pm

It doesn't matter. If you feel like it, create an action to save any old thing in Save for Web. Then use it on a batch of pictures, trying to get it to save to a folder other than the one you used when creating the action. I promise you a reward if you can get it to do it. (Not a big reward, mind you. :D )

Barbara
The Frame Locker - styles, transitions, frames, backgrounds, & more.
Subscribe to Frame Locker News for alerts to new products.
How-to's: ProShowThink

Postby heckydog » Sat Oct 31, 2009 6:01 pm

Maybe this isn't what you're trying to do but see if it'll work:

Create your action for Save for Web using whatever default folder you want, for example C:\test

then open the action and go down to the last line where it shows C:\test or whatever name you used. You should get a hand with a pointy finger :D Double-click on C:\test (or whatever)

The Save for Web window will open. Click on Save. When the window opens to Save, navigate to the folder where you want your files to go. Click Save.

When you go back to the action, the location is changed.

Postby BarbaraC » Sun Nov 01, 2009 8:21 am

Been there, done that! :D What I want is to have it automatically save to the folder that contains the pictures I'm compressing.

I know that the problem rests in the fact that Save for Web is slightly different from an ordinary save. It always retains the address of the last place you saved as opposed to the regular save, which picks up whatever folder the picture is in that you're saving. If I could figure out how to do such a thing, I'd place a stop in the save process, making it halt right at the place where the folder is chosen.

Maybe I can find a script out there someplace written by someone who also got very annoyed, but unlike me, knew how to write a script.

Barbara
The Frame Locker - styles, transitions, frames, backgrounds, & more.
Subscribe to Frame Locker News for alerts to new products.
How-to's: ProShowThink

Previous

Return to PSG - Third Party Applications