Video Overlays

Please post your tutorials here for ProShow Producer only. Provide a lnk if you have a file that can be downloaded by others. This is not a discussion section, but rather a source for sharing tutorials.

Video Overlays

Postby VidQueen » Fri Sep 25, 2009 10:36 am

Hi Everyone!

I know many of you already know how to do this, but I was desperately needing to update this tutorial (I last recorded it in PSP 3) so I thought I'd post it here. Same info; new interface :D

Happy ProShowing! Jennifer

Nelli

Re: Video Overlays

Postby Nelli » Mon Sep 28, 2009 11:27 am

This was SO HELPFUL and just wanted to THANK YOU for putting it up here! Ahhh another lightbulb moment for me! Thanks again! LOVE your stuff!!!

Postby ghostmachine » Mon Oct 05, 2009 10:27 am

Thanks Jennifer,
As always you explain everything so Clearly.
Dale

Postby silverfox » Mon Oct 05, 2009 1:32 pm

Great ... Thank You

silverfox

Postby Pauline Collins » Wed Oct 07, 2009 12:19 pm

Thank you Jennifer once again. This posting helped to make overlays and masking clearer to me. I think you must have 30 hour days to do all the tutorials and answering posts etc. You are magic.
Cheers Pauline

Valued Member

Postby janera » Wed Oct 07, 2009 3:26 pm

Jennifer, You were born to teach! You make things so easy to understand! Thank you! :D

Postby acmumcee » Tue Nov 03, 2009 6:46 am

Hi Jennifer..

I'm sooo new.. and still working my way to understand this program.. and I thank you for making it so easy to understand.

Robert Barnett

Postby Robert Barnett » Thu Dec 24, 2009 9:07 pm

Jennifer,

By any chance have the two issues in ProShow that you had in the above video been fixed in 4.1? The two problems being the alpha not being able to be in the video file and that preview error. Have then been fixed in 4.1?

Thanks again for great video. It shows just how much fun video can be and how useful.

Robert

Postby VidQueen » Mon Dec 28, 2009 7:20 am

Robert Barnett wrote:Jennifer,

By any chance have the two issues in ProShow that you had in the above video been fixed in 4.1? The two problems being the alpha not being able to be in the video file and that preview error. Have then been fixed in 4.1?

Thanks again for great video. It shows just how much fun video can be and how useful.

Robert

Hi Robert,

Yes and no. The preview error has been fixed, but I don't think ProShow will be able to recognize alpha channels in video files for a quite a while :(

Jennifer

Robert Barnett

Postby Robert Barnett » Mon Dec 28, 2009 1:49 pm

Any idea why on the alpha in the video?

Robert

Postby VidQueen » Tue Dec 29, 2009 6:01 am

Hi Robert,

I don't, really. I'm just a regular end user, I don't have any idea how difficult it is to code a program to recognize alpha channels in different types of video files (and different types of codecs used in those different types of video files).

Nearly all video editing programs recognize alpha channels in video files and have for years, but ProShow wasn't designed to be a video program....it has just, sort of, inherited that feature by its customers using video files so much :D

I hope they can get that added in a future version, myself....it would certainly reduce the number of "support" emails I get from people who are unfamiliar with masking :wink:

Jennifer

Robert Barnett

Postby Robert Barnett » Tue Dec 29, 2009 8:05 am

Maybe if nothing else they could choose one high quality format that supports alpha and support it. They don't have to support everything (though that would be a goal if I was them) they don't have to do that from the start.

Off to make a feature suggestion... one of many really.

Thanks,

Robert

Esteemed Member

Postby quetzal » Thu Dec 31, 2009 10:33 am

Hi Jennifer,
Thank you for this video overlays tutorial. quetzal

Return to PSP - Tutorials