Tutorials - Video Editing/Photoshop

Discuss which third party applications you use to help create your slide shows using ProShow Gold. This is not a forum to promote other slide show software programs.
chantal012

Tutorials - Video Editing/Photoshop

Postby chantal012 » Mon Feb 08, 2010 10:33 am

I'm trying to find the best way for me to learn the basics & more about video editing.
I have some knowledge but I find that often times, I read posts here & there and in many instances I go "Uh?" :?
What's the best way for me to learn ?

I'm also looking to get back into Photoshop... I haven't used it in a while!!
Any good tutorials out there?

Re: Tutorials - Video Editing/Photoshop

Postby Ron » Mon Feb 08, 2010 11:20 am

Hi Chantel
There are many many many many tutorials for Video Editing, Photoshop, etc...all over the internet if you just take the time to hunt them out... some are for free and some not, some are good and others aren't...
Your general question about the "best way" is probably different for everyone...depending on the software, the learning curve involved and what time your willing to put into it... With that being said I found my "best way" is Lynda.com - IMHO this is the way to go if you don't mind paying for it. Everything is in one place, no wasting time going here or there...they cover just about all the current software out there and I find them reasonable priced, actually I think I'm getting a bargain....I'm in the middle of Office 2007 Suite right now and think there great...I will have to put them under retainer...lol
Anyway, ask around, check them out..
Just my 2 Cents
Ron
"Family over Friends" "Night over Day" "Nikon over Canon" "Gravy over Everything"

Postby gpsmikey » Mon Feb 08, 2010 11:24 am

A second vote for Lynda.com - I signed up for the monthly rate a year or so ago intending to use it for a couple of months at the most -- still finding lots of good stuff there (many hours watching the photoshop tutorials in particular).

mikey
You can't have too many gadgets or too much disk space !!
mikey (PSP6, Photoshop CS6, Vegas Pro 14, Acid 7, BluffTitler, Nikon D300s, D810)
Lots of PIC and Arduino microprocessor stuff too !!

Esteemed Member

Postby des.tom » Mon Feb 08, 2010 11:38 am

Some of the best tutorials I've come across are on this site:

http://www.photoshopessentials.com/

Des Thomas

ProShow Hall of Fame

Postby DickK » Mon Feb 08, 2010 1:23 pm

What version of PhotoShop do you have?
Dick
"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it." Aristotle ((PSG, PSE & Fuji HS20 user)) Presentation Impact Blog

chantal012

Postby chantal012 » Tue Feb 09, 2010 6:10 am

DickK wrote:What version of PhotoShop do you have?
Dick

Old Version 7 (Photoshop 7)... I'm not willing to upgrade either! LOL
I went to Lynda.com...not much on there.

Postby Ron » Tue Feb 09, 2010 8:47 am

[quoteI went to Lynda.com...not much on there][/quote]

Hi
Sorry that didn't work out for you, for me there was more than I could handle.
Ron
"Family over Friends" "Night over Day" "Nikon over Canon" "Gravy over Everything"

ProShow Hall of Fame

Postby DickK » Tue Feb 09, 2010 10:39 am

It may be difficult for you to find tutorials that are targeted at that version or one that's real close. I know I had a lot of trouble finding anything for PS Elements because I had an older version. Lots instantly available once I upgraded, thought mine is now one version outdated now.

Maybe someone here knows of a source though.

Dick
"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it." Aristotle ((PSG, PSE & Fuji HS20 user)) Presentation Impact Blog

Postby heckydog » Tue Feb 09, 2010 4:42 pm

Lots of the basics haven't changed that much between PS 7 and CS2 or CS3. Right now there's probably more tutorials about CS3 than any other version and they're not always about new features.

Creativecow.net is a great place to get tons of free tutorials. Their forums are great too. I have separate folders for bookmarks for Adobe, creativecow, and videocopilot. ANYTHING that is interesting I will bookmark even if I don't think I'll need it right away.

Joe

chantal012

Postby chantal012 » Wed Feb 10, 2010 5:50 am

Thank you, thank you!! :)

Return to PSG - Third Party Applications