The ability to make chapters in Proshow gold

Post your requested features for future versions of ProShow Gold here.
rangacharee

The ability to make chapters in Proshow gold

Postby rangacharee » Tue Apr 07, 2009 1:09 pm

Hello,
I don't know if this was addressed before, - I did post this earlier today but for some reason it is not showing up in the post- I know proshow is not an authoring program but other slideshow programs has the ability to make chapters. Ulead and Cyberlink can, Magixdoes it automatically with their extreme photostory on CD and DVD software . I use Proshow gold for my slideshows that I make for people and they keep asking for the ability to do Pause -Next - previous when they are watching their slideshow. I would be extremely grateful if Photodex can give Proshow gold the ability to make chapters.

Thanking you in anticipation

Re: The ability to make chapters in Proshow gold

Postby blackgel » Mon Jul 04, 2011 9:08 am

This is my first partecipation to this forum, excuse me for my bad English.
I fully agree with Mr rangacharee.
The division into chapters is important.
I hope that the function is implemented in future versions of the software.
A thank you to all forum members for the enormous help.....

Postby im42n8 » Mon Jul 04, 2011 12:53 pm

"Chapters," as you're calling them, is a feature in Producer. Even there it's not really chapter. It's actually just another show within something called a Project (a collection of shows) . . . but it can serve the same purpose (more or less). To obtain access to non-existent Gold features, Photodex wants you to upgrade to Producer.

When I upgraded to Producer (a loooooong time ago), this was one of the many reasons I switched. I wanted that additional flexibility.

Dale
What's New: Tools for ProShow: v11.42a Access ProShow capabilities Photodex doesn't provide (For PSG & PSP).
FPVP Blog "Making the Difficult Easier," FPVP News

Postby pativy » Mon Jan 02, 2012 3:19 pm

The slideshow software I used prior to purchasing proshow Gold allowed for the creation of "chapters". Each chapter had a thumbnail image on the opening menu (much like a DVD movie) making it easy to go directly to any portion (chapter) in the show. PSGold does allow for the addition of several shows in one; each with it's own menu within the entire show. From the opening menu you can select "next" to access each of the following shows (as well as "previous" to move backward). There is, however, no way to create a single opening menu with thumbnails of all shows (chapters) allowing you to select where you would like to begin. The ability to create chapters that are accessible from the opening menu would be great!

Postby RalphTomaccio » Tue Jan 03, 2012 7:03 am

Can someone explain to me what the difference is between "chapters" and multiple shows as is available in PSG?

Thanks!

Postby BarbaraC » Tue Jan 03, 2012 2:03 pm

A chapter is the kind of thing you might see if you watch a DVD of a TV series. For instance, I rented the first year of "Lost," and on the main menu, I was able to choose which episode to watch. Each episode was a chapter.

Barbara
The Frame Locker - styles, transitions, frames, backgrounds, & more.
Subscribe to Frame Locker News for alerts to new products.
How-to's: ProShowThink

Site Admin

Postby MG - Admin » Tue Jan 03, 2012 2:23 pm

To go a step further someone might create one show with several elements. For example, a cruise show might include different scenes devoted to particular shore stops. Rather than break the show into several mini shows for each stop the creator may want to have it all play as one continuous show, but also want the ability to mark certain sections as chapters so as to be able to skip directly to a certain part of the show if desired. This is similar to watching a commercial DVD and being able to skip to a certain scene within the movie. This function is not possible with the ProShow products, but could be done if importing the video created with ProShow into a third party application that has the ability to add that function.

Mike

Postby RalphTomaccio » Tue Jan 03, 2012 2:32 pm

Doesn't a DVD with multiple shows and containing a "Play All" button accomplish the same thing? You have your choice of viewing all in order or just selecting the desired segment/chapter.

I have a PSG DVD with three shows in it, all of the same trip but with each in a different location. How are they not "chapters" based on your definition? They're three different shows (episodes?), yet related. And on the main menu I am able to choose which to watch or to play all.

Sounds like we're playing with semantics here. I guess I need further clarification as it seems like the same thing to me.

Postby BarbaraC » Tue Jan 03, 2012 2:44 pm

What Mike has described is different from separate shows that you can "click" on and start running. In a sense, what he's describing is like a bookmark that exists inside just one of those shows, giving you the ability to go to that spot rather like having a play in three acts, and you have the ability to go to Act 2, Scene 3.

Barbara

Postby RalphTomaccio » Tue Jan 03, 2012 3:04 pm

Okay, I think I have it now.

One show with bookmarks to bring you to a specific spot WITHIN that one show vs. separate shows.

Thanks for hanging in there with me.

Postby BarbaraC » Tue Jan 03, 2012 3:13 pm

We all need people to hang in there with us. I'm currently going through a Producer thing where it feels as if I'm trying to understand the meaning of life, though the person holding my hand probably thinks I'm overreacting. :D

Barbara

Return to PSG - Feature Requests