Bart's Place

Want to share your own personal web site with the other forum members? Post a link here. This section is for personal sites only. Sites promoting slide show businesses are acceptable. Please DO NOT link to sites that you use to sell ProShow styles, templates, etc.

Bart's Place

Postby Bart_B » Mon May 28, 2012 1:34 pm

Hi everybody. I have been totally off the radar screen for many weeks now and starting to re-enter slowly the real world. Over the last three weeks or so as I've had strength and focus I've been working on the web site I'm bringing to you now. It's partly a web site and partly a Blog I suppose and it has absolutely nothing to do with photographs or slide shows which you'll rapidly discover if you decide to come in. Of course I couldn't pass up some photos promoting my wife, kids, grandkids and dogs! This is intensely personal to my life and for a variety of reasons I decided it was important to create it. It also is important to me to share it with you as many of you from around the world have become friends of mine. I truly value those friendships, I've valued getting to know you a little and I've valued sharing projects and ideas. So now I'm sharing with you where I find myself in my life.

Thanks everybody.

http://bartsplace.weebly.com/index.html

Bart
Last edited by Bart_B on Sat Jun 02, 2012 8:33 am, edited 1 time in total.

Re: Bart's Place

Postby BarbaraC » Thu May 31, 2012 10:30 am

I've left you a message, but I wanted to repeat it here: Your life is precious.

Barbara
The Frame Locker - styles, transitions, frames, backgrounds, & more.
Subscribe to Frame Locker News for alerts to new products.
How-to's: ProShowThink

Postby Bart_B » Sat Jun 02, 2012 7:58 am

Thank you my dear friend.

Bart

Postby gpsmikey » Sat Jun 02, 2012 8:28 am

Bart you've been an inspiration to many with your shows (and now your illness) and helpful to many more with Proshow problems and questions. Your web site sort of helps put life into perspective - we all have issues we are dealing with in one way or another. The trick is to not let those issues overwhelm us (like when you wake up at 3 in the morning thinking about whatever the current (real or imagined crisis is) :shock: ). You are a great example of not letting it totally flatten you and staying in the game. I know it helps me put things in a bit of different perspective - thanks for the inspiration! I will be visiting your pages and sending you humor since I know your sense of humor is almost as wacky as mine :lol:

mikey
You can't have too many gadgets or too much disk space !!
mikey (PSP6, Photoshop CS6, Vegas Pro 14, Acid 7, BluffTitler, Nikon D300s, D810)
Lots of PIC and Arduino microprocessor stuff too !!

Postby Bart_B » Sat Jun 02, 2012 8:39 am

Hi Mikey,

Thanks for your kind words. I truly appreciate the "atta boys", things like that truly help when dealing with tough times. I have to tell you that this did flatten me. When the doctor in so many words said go home and die I was mentally flat on the floor for about two weeks. Then in the middle of the night it occurred to me that what he had really said was he didn't know what to do and I realized that did not mean that I had to continue to lay down and that I could get back on my feet and fight this thing. So I was lucky enough to stand back up.

As to imagined crisis I've always been of the opinion if as you're thinking about it ask yourself the question if you are even going to remember it in six weeks. Kind of keeps things in perspective! And keep the humor coming! Love it!

Bart

Postby TC Time » Sun Jun 03, 2012 6:08 am

Bart...I love your place! :)
And...I just have to share...you are a true Phoenix in my eyes!
TCTime

Postby Bart_B » Sun Jun 03, 2012 6:21 am

Hi TC,

Glad you liked "my place!" If a Phoenix looks like a beat up old guy, then I definitely am a Phoenix!! lol

Bart

Postby Anna J » Thu Jun 07, 2012 9:15 pm

Bart,
I'm pulling for you, and it sounds like you have the will to prove the doctors wrong. As Barbara said, you life is precious to all of us here on the Forum family.
The quote you shared on your web site from Pat Clark is good reading for all of us.
Love,
Anna J
Anna

Return to Personal Web Sites