Getting in Sync

Want to share your own personal web site with the other forum members? Post a link here. This section is for personal sites only. Sites promoting slide show businesses are acceptable. Please DO NOT link to sites that you use to sell ProShow styles, templates, etc.

Getting in Sync

Postby BarbaraC » Fri May 24, 2013 8:14 am

Syncing slide and sound isn't always easy, not for newcomers, not for experienced users. We could all use a little magic in this realm, but until it shows up, I've posted a download over on ProShow Think that includes examples, tips, and a cool little trick for when a show and its sound are irritating you: Getting in Sync with ProShow

While there, and if you don't already, why not subscribe so you'll be notified when and if I have another brainstorm?

Barbara
The Frame Locker - styles, transitions, frames, backgrounds, & more.
Subscribe to Frame Locker News for alerts to new products.
How-to's: ProShowThink

Re: Getting in Sync

Postby gpsmikey » Fri May 24, 2013 9:32 am

One thing that can bite you - if the cache file (showname.pxc) gets somewhat corrupted, you can pull all your hair out trying to get things to "synch up" - if things seem to be working at right angles to what you expect, try exiting Proshow, deleting the cache (.pxc) file for the show then restart and let it rebuild the file. I have been bitten by that one a number of times.

mikey
You can't have too many gadgets or too much disk space !!
mikey (PSP6, Photoshop CS6, Vegas Pro 14, Acid 7, BluffTitler, Nikon D300s, D810)
Lots of PIC and Arduino microprocessor stuff too !!

Postby BarbaraC » Fri May 24, 2013 9:51 am

Mikey, I've never had that happen, but it's probably because I regularly delete the .pxc file whether I need to or not. I view it as the enemy. :evil:

Barbara

Postby gpsmikey » Fri May 24, 2013 10:09 am

I have had it happen several times where letting it rebuild the cache "fixed" the timing issues. While I don't view it as the "enemy", I do consider it one of Murphy's children ... lurking until the best time to strike :lol:

mikey
You can't have too many gadgets or too much disk space !!
mikey (PSP6, Photoshop CS6, Vegas Pro 14, Acid 7, BluffTitler, Nikon D300s, D810)
Lots of PIC and Arduino microprocessor stuff too !!

Postby BarbaraC » Fri May 24, 2013 10:23 am

I prefer the preemptive strike, deleting it before it can perform a "gotcha," forcing me to go on a mad search for the error of my ways when, in fact, I've been behaving in a most ladylike manner. Admittedly, I don't always, and have caused Producer to throw up its bitty little hands in anguish and disappear. 1 point Barbara, 0 points Producer.

Barbara

Postby slideshower » Fri May 24, 2013 12:54 pm

Hi Barbara,
This sounds like very helpful information. However, when I opened the drumbeat.psh show the dialog box came up indicating missing files -it was the Circle-Color.png. I directed it to the Circle-Color.png file but another dialog box came up saying the file "isn't a supported image format". Is there some setting I need to change? Thanks. Lucie

Postby BarbaraC » Fri May 24, 2013 1:04 pm

Lucie, ProShow is likely to lose what's sitting staring it in the face, but there's no reason at all for it to reject an ordinary .png file. I can't imagine what went wrong. I'll have to wait to see if anyone else has this problem. In the meantime, send me a PM with your email, and I'll send you another file. Maybe it got damaged in the download.

Barbara

Return to Personal Web Sites