How To Create new Slideshow from 1 slide of existing show

Post your tips & tricks here for creating slide shows with ProShow Producer. This could include suggestions for style and content in addition to working with the software itself

How To Create new Slideshow from 1 slide of existing show

Postby Bevie » Sat Oct 01, 2016 3:12 pm

I know I've read about this before. But does anyone know how to create a new slideshow from just one or several slides from an existing show. My computer overheats and does some pretty wacky stuff when it's hot. Right now I wanted to take one slide from an existing show and render it as a separate show.

It's a slide that has a video, a still overlay and now I've added a 'gradient third with text'.

I would just recreate the whole thing in a new show but my computer is acting up and when I add the video to a blank slide all I get is the audio and the first frame of the video and that's it - the rest of the video only shows that first frame.

Like I said it does some pretty odd things when it's overheated.

So I wanted to just render the one slide from my original show. Does anyone know how to do this?
ProShow User since 2013 - ProShow Producer 6 - Novice

YouTube https://www.youtube.com/user/TheGalleryPage

Mac 10.6.8
Proshow Producer 6 - Parallels 8 - Windows 7
Photoshop CS4

Re: How To Create new Slideshow from 1 slide of existing sho

Postby heckydog » Sat Oct 01, 2016 4:44 pm

You can delete everything from the original slideshow except the special one, then save it with a NEW name.

That will give you 2 shows, your original untouched show, and the newly named show with one slide.

Then . . . . . you can figure out why your computer overheats :wink:

Joe

Valued Member

Postby Tonel » Sun Oct 02, 2016 1:12 am

I suggest a slight change to what Joe has suggested.

Open the original slideshow and immediately Save As and give it a new name. Now the original is safe and you're working on the copy. It avoids making the error of overwriting the original file. It's a method I've learned from my own experience.

Tony
Self build Xeon W3690, 12GB RAM, C=250GB 850EVO SSD, Asus 2GB GTX960, Win10H 64bit, PSP9
iMac 27" Retina 5K i5, 24GB RAM, Radeon M295X 4GB, Bootcamp Win10H 64bit

Postby Bevie » Sun Oct 02, 2016 1:38 am

Thanks guys : D I'll give it a try. I've taken this old relic of a computer to the Apple store and they didn't find anything wrong. Kinda of like when you take your car into the mechanic for a noise it's making and they can't find anything wrong with it. Time to get a new computer I think : D
ProShow User since 2013 - ProShow Producer 6 - Novice

YouTube https://www.youtube.com/user/TheGalleryPage

Mac 10.6.8
Proshow Producer 6 - Parallels 8 - Windows 7
Photoshop CS4

Postby gpsmikey » Mon Oct 03, 2016 6:49 am

I'm sort of with heckydog, but I would do it different - COPY the .psh file for your existing show to a new show name.psh, then open that and delete what you don't want from the new show. My reasoning is it is too easy to forget what you are doing and accidentally "save" the new one over the old one before you remember to save_as (been there, done that :evil: ) As far as "overheating", I am suspicious - that usually becomes an issue when rendering, not when just working on a show. Sounds to me like some other instability is going on there. You might also search the forum here for "parallels" seems to me others have had issues with it (you may be running into a memory limitation which tends to make things unstable too). I do my work on a desktop machine I have built (some years back). One of the things I do when I build a machine is get rid of the standard cooling fan for the CPU and put a bigger one in. I also put fans in the case to blow air directly across the hard drives. Everybody seems MUCH happier that way :D Unfortunately with laptop type things, cooling is something that is usually in short supply in the effort to make them small and sexy cooling is one of the things to go. You can put the laptop on a hard surface (even put a couple of spacers under it) to increase the airflow around the laptop (worst thing you can do with a laptop is have it sitting on a blanket etc. while you are working - that keeps it nice and WARM).

mikey
You can't have too many gadgets or too much disk space !!
mikey (PSP6, Photoshop CS6, Vegas Pro 14, Acid 7, BluffTitler, Nikon D300s, D810)
Lots of PIC and Arduino microprocessor stuff too !!

ProShow Hall of Fame

Postby briancbb » Mon Oct 03, 2016 9:58 am

I certainly agree with you Mikey on laptop cooling.

Here in the UK we have, what we call beany trays, That is a solid tray top with a fabric base filled with polystyrene beads (made to have tv meals on). Ideal as a solid base for a laptop to aid cooling. I Always use one.

Yes I am still around!
Briancbb (Brian, Clown by birth)
Thanks Al for the signature
Producer v6.0 Build 3410

Postby gpsmikey » Mon Oct 03, 2016 2:27 pm

Glad to see you still around Brian !! They do make some platforms specifically for laptops that have fans under them to help cool them if heat is the issue. Here is one a quick search of Amazon turned up: https://www.amazon.com/Laptop-Cooling-Cooler-Portable-Powered/dp/B01CYBYVG6 - do a search for "laptop cooler" for lots more although I am not convinced from what you have said that heat is the issue (usually, it works fine until you render then has issues when you have overheating issues).

mikey
You can't have too many gadgets or too much disk space !!
mikey (PSP6, Photoshop CS6, Vegas Pro 14, Acid 7, BluffTitler, Nikon D300s, D810)
Lots of PIC and Arduino microprocessor stuff too !!

Return to PSP - Tips & Tricks