Making a second image a background layer.

Discuss anything ProShow Gold related

Making a second image a background layer.

Postby SteveFromOz » Tue Nov 08, 2016 4:58 pm

Hi all.

I have created a custom style based on a default style but I wish to use a different image as the background. how do i set the second image to be a background layer? I am using PSG 6.0.3410.

Regards,

Steve

Re: Making a second image a background layer.

Postby cherub » Tue Nov 08, 2016 8:25 pm

Hi,

You are not saying what was the "default" style that you used, so I'm just guessing what you are actually asking.
Is the photo used twice in the original style? Once as background and once as a regular image with a certain effect?

Then, when you create your own style, you cannot use the same image twice, if you intend to change the background later. You must use two different images from the start: one for background and the other as regular photo with effect.

Hope this answers your question.

Postby SteveFromOz » Tue Nov 08, 2016 9:03 pm

Thanks Mona,

Your assumption is correct. I guessed as much, however I found a way to do it, I used a different image than the main for the b/g and increased black level to 75%. That is all PSG does to make a b/g image!

Regards,

Steve

Postby cherub » Tue Nov 08, 2016 9:24 pm

I'm happy that you've found a way to solve your problem, but I'm not sure that I understand it.

If you make a slide style using a single image that is being used in two layers (doing 2 jobs), then all the slides that you make from that style, will be using a single photo too.
When you'll attempt to change one image, the other will automatically be changed too, because the slide style is linking those layers.

So, now, I'm not sure anymore, that I've understood your problem in the first place :D

Postby SteveFromOz » Wed Nov 09, 2016 1:15 pm

Mona,

Although I have solved the problem, I'll try and explain a bit more. I am only working on one slide via slide options for that slide. I take a stock slide style (display of three collapsing) that uses the image as a background. You now have two copies of the same image, one as a background and one you apply effects too. In fact, I have modified the stock style to a display of one collapsing (and saved it as my own custom style). The b/g copy of the image has a label against it, "Image1 (background) from slide style". I now have two identical images, main and b/g. I want to change the b/g to a different image. I import a new image and remove the original b/g image but the new image I want as the b/g is not washed out like the original b/g. I want to apply the washed out effect easily to the new b/g image. As I have said, I figured out all I needed to do on the new b/g image was to apply a 75% black point as that is all PSG seems to do and it works well, but you should be able to with a single right click and have a pick something like "make image a background". Does that make sense?

Regards,

Steve

Postby cherub » Wed Nov 09, 2016 6:59 pm

Yes, now it makes sense.
Thank you for explaining.

Return to PSG - General Discussion