Are there still people working with ProShow ?

Discuss anything ProShow Producer related

Re: Are there still people working with ProShow ?

Postby cherub » Tue Oct 23, 2018 6:45 am

VidQueen wrote:Also, in regards to the Gallery, I can't play anything there either, but that's not new. I had these issues with the Installer years ago, which is why I never used Photodex's Gallery.
Jennifer

That's because "years ago", the major browsers stopped supporting the Presenter plug-in due to security issues.
Photodex never bothered to release an update or another browser viewer.

Postby heckydog » Tue Oct 23, 2018 1:54 pm

Just as an FYI, I did figure out how to download files from the Gallery on to your computer. I have Windows 7 and IE11.

I opened the gallery in IE11 and selected the show I wanted to download. While it's playing I typed %tmp% in the search box which takes you to your AppData/Local/Temp folder. I selected the "Date Modified" column to sort by the newest files first.

Near, or at the top, is a file named "psgxxxx.tmp" where xxxx is some number. When the file size is close to the file size in the Gallery and doesn't change, you can right-click and drag and drop a copy of the file to a place of your choice. I usually just copy it to the desktop.

Once you have the file on your computer, change the extension to px, and rename the file to the same name as in your Gallery. If Presenter is associated with the px extension it should play your file fine.

If you are no longer able to reproduce a show and output to a more user friendly format, this is at least an option to let you have a record of shows you created. With a decent screen capture program you could copy it and export it in a more common format.

Joe

Postby Glyn » Mon Nov 05, 2018 6:35 pm

FYI
Reinstalled my Proshow 9 free upgrade on a reformatted hard drive with a fresh clean installation of windows today with no problems and that included a few paid for styles and effects packages plus all the free ones
:D

Postby ezwriter » Fri Nov 09, 2018 11:28 am

I was re-rendering some slideshows into 4K format. Everything was going well until suddenly I got the "Made as an evaluation of ProShow Producer" banner across the slideshow. I tried to re-register the program, but it didn't like my registration code, so I tried to go to the Photodex website to find my latest registration code but the website appears to be down. I shut the program down and restarted it, and it now comes up as an evaluation copy. Is this the end and will the program no longer build slideshows?

Any ideas?

Thanks,
Dale

Postby Jeep » Fri Nov 09, 2018 1:20 pm

Photodex website is now closed. Too late to collect any info from their site !
Jean-Pierre

My blog
Processor: Intel Quad core 2.33 Ghz - RAM: 4 Gb - Windows 8.1 64 bits - Video: Nvidia 720GT 2 Gb- Camera : Canon 5D Mark II + 24-105 + 100-400 - Sharing : jean_pierre

Postby ezwriter » Fri Nov 09, 2018 2:30 pm

Anyone else having ProShow Producer come up in evaluation status? Even if I had the correct registration code, it wouldn't do much good if the website is down and therefore couldn't be validated.
It's one thing for a company to go out of business. Quite another for it to render its paid for product unusable. Maybe no one else has this problem and it's unique to me.

Frustrated,
Dale

Postby Diane48 » Fri Nov 09, 2018 3:43 pm

I just made a simple show of ten slides. It rendered ok and did not have the evaluation message on it. My computer is connected to the internet.
I do hope this gets sorted out. Like many people I have invested a considerable sum of money over the last twelve years of owning Producer and the thought of it all being useless makes me feel very sad.

Let’s hope for the best outcome whatever that may be.

Diane.

Postby Jeep » Fri Nov 09, 2018 3:44 pm

Jeep wrote:Photodex website is now closed. Too late to collect any info from their site !

It's reopened !!!
Jean-Pierre

My blog
Processor: Intel Quad core 2.33 Ghz - RAM: 4 Gb - Windows 8.1 64 bits - Video: Nvidia 720GT 2 Gb- Camera : Canon 5D Mark II + 24-105 + 100-400 - Sharing : jean_pierre

Postby ezwriter » Fri Nov 09, 2018 4:04 pm

Yes, it is, Jeep. Thanks for the update. I was able to find the correct activation code and "reactivate" my subscription. All is good for now, but that was scary.
I've really enjoyed making hundreds of slideshows with ProShow and hope they stay alive somehow. Great product and great people. If it does go under, I hope it does so gracefully.

Dale

Postby bobradarbob » Fri Nov 09, 2018 5:08 pm

I checked the Photodex site just now and it appears they were working to remove the BLOG section or doing some type of maint. I tested and most of the menu items still work. I looked at the Whois database and the Photodex.com site was re-registered in Fall of this year and expires in 2020. It could be that they will repeat product history. The product that began this company remains for sale on the web site and only works with Windows XP, Windows 2000, Windows 98 and ME. It could be that they ride this baby into the sunset.........or till the horse just dies.

Bob

PS - Who would be the absolute best company to purchase Photodex?

Esteemed Member

Postby Dieter » Tue Nov 20, 2018 3:04 am

Hello Forum,

is there anyone working still for Photodex? Last week on Mondy I sent a request to Photodex and have no feedback until to day. :evil:
Does anyone know what's going on?

Best regrads Dieter

Postby Jeep » Sat Nov 24, 2018 2:32 am

The situation is that Photodex has no more office in Austin. It seems that some people from the staff continue their job but with difficulty.
Jean-Pierre

My blog

Esteemed Member

Postby quetzal » Sat Nov 24, 2018 1:49 pm

We have to wait...

Esteemed Member

Postby Dieter » Sat Nov 24, 2018 11:55 pm

I hope for the future

Esteemed Member

Postby quetzal » Sat Dec 01, 2018 12:00 pm

Hi,
Instead of wondering what Photodez is going to do, it would be useful to give him solutions or ideas to give a hand to promote the product. We are about 3000 Photodex members in this forum. But to do so, we must know the situation Photodex is in, for muself., I don't want Photodex goes out of business. I know we need money to run a business and have a cashflow to support the company, office, and all the persons working there. Waiting...

PreviousNext

Return to PSP - General Discussion