Magic Wand Show

Post your tips & tricks here for creating slide shows with ProShow Producer. This could include suggestions for style and content in addition to working with the software itself
Debi1054

Magic Wand Show

Postby Debi1054 » Sat Nov 10, 2007 3:49 pm

Hello all!
Somewhere in here I once saw a wonderful show (template?) called Magic Wand. Does anyone remember who posted it, and if there were instructions or a template?
I only remember it was beautiful!
Debi

Debi1054

Floating wand

Postby Debi1054 » Mon Nov 12, 2007 2:28 pm

Maybe the beautiful template I'm thinking of was called "Floating Wand"? Would love to learn how to do it if anyone knows where I can find it again!
Thanks,
Debi

Honorary ProShow PHD

Postby dilyla » Mon Nov 12, 2007 2:47 pm

Debi-

Are you by any chance talking about the sample show where the signature was done with a magic wand? The one I'm thinking of wasn't a template... but she did post very generalized 'how-to' with the show link.

Look down about 1/2 way down on the link below for the post by Kelly of MagicPhotoCreations

http://www.proshowenthusiasts.com/viewt ... wand#35108

- Diana

Debi1054

Postby Debi1054 » Mon Nov 12, 2007 3:45 pm

Hi Diana,
Wow! That is fabulous! Complicated, but fabulous! But, no, that wasn't what I was referring to. This is a slide with a black starry background, (I purchased one from Choice Backgrounds), with wand shapes floating around the slide that open into photos. Hope I've explained this properly! :? Whoever did it did a great job. I'd like to find it again, if nothing else to study it and try to duplicate it, assuming the creator wouldn't mind!
Thanks for trying to help!
Debi

Postby gpsmikey » Mon Nov 12, 2007 6:03 pm

I don't know which one you were talking about, but if you want to create
a "wand" that opens into a picture, the trick to that is to shrink the picture
down a bit so it is the height of the wand length for example, unlock the
x and y zoom (there is a "link" between them) and take the y zoom down
to the minimum -- hey presto, you have a picture the height of your
resized picture and very narrow. you can now use motion to move the
"wand" around or rotate it etc. When you want the picture to re-appear,
you just zoom the "y" value back to the same as the "x" value between
a couple of keyframes and "hey presto" the picture is back !!. Here is
one I was experimenting with showing a "flipping" slide (every other one
is reversed) but I was using the unlocked zoom values to make it look
like it was going "edge on" (like a "wand")
http://www.photodex.com/sharing/viewsho ... 6343&alb=0

mikey
You can't have too many gadgets or too much disk space !!
mikey (PSP6, Photoshop CS6, Vegas Pro 14, Acid 7, BluffTitler, Nikon D300s, D810)
Lots of PIC and Arduino microprocessor stuff too !!

Debi1054

Postby Debi1054 » Mon Nov 12, 2007 6:16 pm

Yes, Mikey! That's definitely the right idea! What was happening in the one I imagine I saw (perhaps in a dream!) :lol: was several "wands", so the photos in their narrowist stage, floating about in the frame, then opening and closing at various intervals. It was a slow and elegant dance around the frame. Made an impression, but I wasn't smart enough to bookmark it or in some other way enable myself to get back to it!
I will play around with your instructions, and if I manage to reproduce it, will create a template to share! I hope the originator of it won't mind!
I post here, in hopes that the originator reads this, my request for permission!!!!
Debi

Postby kaylef » Sat Nov 17, 2007 3:10 am

That sounds really fun...I don't recall such a show but will be interested in seeing your recreation!

Kay

Pauline

Postby Pauline » Sat Nov 17, 2007 3:49 pm

Hi Debi

I think I have the template you're after. A bar rotates onto the screen quickly then opens up into the full image, then flies off the screen as a bar again.

The only thing is, I'm not sure how to get it to you - When I go to Show, Show Templates, it's in there renamed by me, but when I look in my D drive where I've saved templates I can't see that name and can't remember what the original name is. Maybe Mikey or someone else clever can put me on the track to sending it to you? :D

Honorary ProShow PHD

Postby dilyla » Sat Nov 17, 2007 3:58 pm

Pauline --

If the template shows up within Producer, then it's within the Documents & Settings folder on your C drive. Instead of typing out that 'road map', I'll give you an easy way:

Go up to Show/Show Templates & choose the Export Template. Save it somewhere handy like the desktop. She'll still have to PM you with an email address, and you can then email it as an attachment.

- Diana
Dilyla's Designs
Aspire to inspire before you expire.

Postby kaylef » Sat Nov 17, 2007 4:05 pm

ohhhh email it to me too!

kay

Debi1054

Postby Debi1054 » Sat Nov 17, 2007 4:11 pm

Whoo Hoo! Thanks Ladies! Have PM'd Pauline w/ email address.
Debi

Debi1054

Postby Debi1054 » Sun Nov 18, 2007 8:35 am

I have been working on my (feeble) attempt at recreating the floating wand template. However, I have NO idea how to get it in here for your ideas and improvements! I tried uploading to member sharing, but can't seem to get the right file type. I thought uploading the show file would work, but it says this file type is not supported. (How could THAT be :)?
If you could help me, I'd appreciate it!
I can email it as an attachment, but would like for you to be able to see it here.
Debi

Debi1054

Postby Debi1054 » Sun Nov 18, 2007 8:55 am

OK! I may have managed to get it here. Please, please feel free to improve on it for me!
Thanks, Debi

http://www.photodex.com/sharing/viewsho ... 7891&alb=0

Honorary ProShow PHD

Postby dilyla » Sun Nov 18, 2007 9:04 am

Debi-

I think you did a great job! :D

- Diana
Dilyla's Designs
Aspire to inspire before you expire.

Debi1054

Postby Debi1054 » Sun Nov 18, 2007 9:18 am

Thanks Diana, but whoever did it first, did it better! Wish I could find it again!

Next

Return to PSP - Tips & Tricks