Masking in the Son Light

Post a link to your shows created with ProShow Producer and get feedback from others. Please include a short description or title for each show link along with the approximate running time. If you don't want to chance getting criticism, please don't post your show.

Masking in the Son Light

Postby BarbaraC » Sat Jan 12, 2008 3:17 pm

Remember the plague of motion I created with "Feather Dance" in my pursuit of learning keyframing? Well, I've created yet another plague, this one in pursuit of masks. Along the way, I learned:

(1) It's possible to do an entire slide show in one slide. (I didn't.)
(2) Masks, like motion, should be used with restraint, though even in excess, they aren't as likely to make the viewer pass out.
(3) Alpha masks are very annoying.
(4) Whoever clued me into the guitarist, Alex de Grassi, should come forward and take a bow.

I agonized over this show, not so much because of the masks, but because I wasn't in the least neutral about its subject, my Son Light.

http://www.photodex.com/sharing/viewshow.html?fl=2931702&alb=0

Barbara
Last edited by BarbaraC on Tue Jan 15, 2008 11:36 am, edited 1 time in total.

Valued Member

Postby Harry » Sat Jan 12, 2008 3:27 pm

Barbara, your shows always amaze me. Looks like you have got masks figured out. Hopefully one day I will figure them out. Heck, I hope I could do shows that are half as good as the ones I see everyone posting here. Keep up the good work.

ProShow Hall of Fame

Postby 57Corvette » Sat Jan 12, 2008 3:55 pm

Barbara.

In my opinion, that's your best show yet ............ very artistic and sets a great mood. I haven't used masks .... but I can see the great benefit if done correctly. Congratulations.

Bob
Nikon D80
ProShow Producer
CS3 Extended
Paint Shop Pro xi

ProShow Hall of Fame

Postby seektheburd » Sat Jan 12, 2008 3:57 pm

Barbara! That was awesome! What a unique way to present Ben. You certainly have a handle on masking. A winning combination of your photography and presentation skills. Kudos to you!

Hugs, Stephanie
Photodex Gallery: http://www.photodex.com/share/stephanieseek

HP Pavilion p6580t Desktop;Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit; i5-750 Quad-Core; 1.5GB NVIDIA GeForce GT 230.
Photodex Producer 5
Adobe Photoshop CS6
Pinnacle Studio 14 Ultimate Collection

Postby newtcruiser » Sat Jan 12, 2008 4:19 pm

Barb . . . that was just awesome. What a handsome young man. That was a really entertaining show and I am glad that you have mastered the "dreaded" masks. Thanks so much for sharing.

Linda :lol:

Postby czali » Sat Jan 12, 2008 4:30 pm

Barbara,

Oh, my girl! That just blew me away. I assume this is your son. What a cutie! You seem like you are a proud mom. That was great, thanks for sharing!

Colleen

Honorary ProShow PHD

Masks

Postby Penny47 » Sat Jan 12, 2008 4:46 pm

Barbara,
i too hope that one day I will be able to master Masks the way you do that show was awesome.

thanks

Penny

Postby kaylef » Sat Jan 12, 2008 5:14 pm

That was freaking amazing. You're an artist painting with photos. I had my mouth dropped open the entire show.

Your son's eyes are incredible. My favourite favourite picture is him lying on the tree far away. So intimate and thoughtful.

Holy camoley girl ...you've raised the bar!

Kay

Postby BarbaraC » Sat Jan 12, 2008 5:47 pm

I believe the show's true beauty comes from my son, but I'm a mommy, so what can you expect? 8)

I'm so glad all of you enjoyed it because it makes what I went through trying to create it worthwhile. There are things in it that only one other person could pick up on, and that's Ben. Some of the photographs come from a dark period in our lives when we weren't sure he'd live. But he did, and now he has a long life ahead of him. Hurray for the good guys!

Barbara

Honorary ProShow PHD

Postby dilyla » Sat Jan 12, 2008 5:52 pm

Well, Lady, just one word is all I have to say... "Awesome!"

Referencing our emails, you can't allow him to stay single!!! ... He's WAY too good-looking!!!

Secondly, cue me in on where to find Alex de Grassi... web or albums? Amazing guitarist!

- Diana
Dilyla's Designs
Aspire to inspire before you expire.

Postby BarbaraC » Sat Jan 12, 2008 6:08 pm

Diana, are you kidding? Since the age of twenty, he's claimed he'll never get married, and now it's nine years later. I will never have any grandchildren to spoil rotten. :(

Glad you liked the show, and I'm also glad you liked the music. Someone here on the forum recommended de Grassi to me, and so I went searching through my local library system, which is where I pick up a lot of music. If the town libary doesn't have what I want, I order it through them. I got two of his CD's that way and then proceeded to rip every last track onto my hard drive. Check your library. You may find it's a huge, deep source of music.

Barbara

Postby cherub » Sat Jan 12, 2008 6:44 pm

Yes, you have mastered the masks, and what you did with them was pretty amazing!

It was a very intimate show, and I could not help it but to feel a bit uneasy – a bit like peeping through a keyhole.

Did you know that in Hebrew “ben” means son ?

ProShow Hall of Fame

Postby hardsoftware » Sat Jan 12, 2008 7:10 pm

Did you know that in Hebrew “ben” means son ?

Really?, I didn't know, but perhaps Barbara did.

Ben
PSG, & Producer 3,4 and 5. Photo Editing: PS Elements 2.0 & 5.0, Premier Elements 3.0,

PHOTODEX GALLERY: http://www.photodex.com/share/hardsoftware
UnEmployed, and getting pretty good at it!
Facebook look for Ben R. Baca.

Postby weldr » Sat Jan 12, 2008 8:01 pm

Excellent Barbra! Very good use of masks to set a mood. Got your candle figured out. Don
Canon EOS 50D,PSE7,Latest Producer, new computer...don't know specs off hand but runs Producer with no problems.

Esteemed Member

Postby pwholmes » Sat Jan 12, 2008 9:10 pm

Very artistic and interesting all the way through. To me that's what's most important -- does it keep the viewer's interest or does it just try to wow with technique? In this case you used great technique to create an intriguing and interesting show.

Paul Holmes
Amateur cab driver
Amateur videographer
Amateur slide-show maker

I'm only here to learn from you geniuses!

Next

Return to PSP - Sample Shows & Feedback