Feedback on New Website

Want to share your own personal web site with the other forum members? Post a link here. This section is for personal sites only. Sites promoting slide show businesses are acceptable. Please DO NOT link to sites that you use to sell ProShow styles, templates, etc.
shutterbug

Feedback on New Website

Postby shutterbug » Wed May 31, 2006 2:39 am

I am new to the industry and was hoping that I could get some feedback (positive or negative) on my website. Any comments will be graciously appreciated.

http://www.photographyinaction.com

Thanks so much.

Shutterbug

Valued Member

Re: Feedback on New Website

Postby Lin Evans » Thu Jun 01, 2006 8:43 pm

shutterbug wrote:I am new to the industry and was hoping that I could get some feedback (positive or negative) on my website. Any comments will be graciously appreciated.

http://www.photographyinaction.com

Thanks so much.

Shutterbug

I like the color and text combinations a lot - it's visually appealing. My first impression though when I had to scroll down a a couple screens to see what was going on is that it may be perceived as being a bit "busy" with a bit too much to grasp on a single screen.

Perhaps designing it with your very nice logo and background on the main screen with a short bar across the top with perhaps "biography" "about" "contact us," etc., and a single sliding side navigation bar with links to categorized areas which could comparmentalize it and make the viewer feel that it was a bit less frenetic. In my experience people respond best when they don't have too much on their "plate" at one time. Hiding the content in layers sometimes works well and allows you to get everything you need or want on the site, but doesn't present so much at a time that the viewer get confused by the magnititude of choices.

Best regards,

Lin

shutterbug

thanks for the comments

Postby shutterbug » Sat Jun 03, 2006 2:55 pm

I appreciate you taking the time to visit the site and give me some feedback. Since I am new to the business. I was hoping I could get some suggestions on things I should consider changing to enhance the site. You gave me some good suggestions. Now I need to get to work!

Thanks again...

Bobski99

Transitions multiple pictures

Postby Bobski99 » Thu Jun 08, 2006 6:51 am

Sorry if this should be posted in differnet area. I think the website is great might be a little busy but still gets the info out. Do you use Proshow Gold or Producer? I viewed the show Our love story and was very intrigued by the transitions with Multiple pictures almost like layers. I cannot seem to get that effect with Gold. The intro and ending was great too. All I can say WOW and it inspired me to dive deeper into the product.

Bob Rozanski

sumgrl19

Your Site

Postby sumgrl19 » Thu Jun 08, 2006 7:24 am

I liked your site, but I do agree it is a bit busy. I have the same problem, it seems there is so much to say and hard to just keep it simple! :) I viewed the "Demo" slideshow. I thought it was very well put together. I really liked it! What other program do you use?

-Jessica

racoscarelli

New Website

Postby racoscarelli » Thu Jun 08, 2006 9:58 am

Shutterbug,

Actually I did not find your home page cluttered. I especially like the camera graphic, it caught my eye and gave me confidence that you have an imagination.

The only negative comment I will make has to do with the small text at the bottom of the home page. This I would place on another page and make the font larger (I'm getting old, the eyes are not what they used to be!).

Rick Coscarelli

racoscarelli

New Webpage

Postby racoscarelli » Thu Jun 08, 2006 10:02 am

Shutterbug,

After more carefully looking at the text on the bottm of your home page I think I know what your are trying to accomplish.

It appears as though you want to optimize the chance of getting a hit on your site and improve your site with the search engines. Be careful, I just went to a seminar on website optimization for search engines and some search engines will consider what you ahve done as spam and black list your site. You should do research on how to optimize, some of the old ideas are no longer valid.

Rick Coscarelli

shutterbug

Thanks for the comments

Postby shutterbug » Thu Jun 15, 2006 9:40 am

Sorry I didn't respond sooner but I have been a bit under the weather...summer flu stuff!!
Thanks for all your comments on the website. That is exactly what I was hoping for. I agree, I am having a difficult time keeping the home page clean looking because there is so much important information that needs to be communicated. I use Proshow Producer along with Photoshop CS2 and Adobe Premiere Elements for video editing. I will do some more research on the added text information. Thanks again your comments and complements :D
Peggy

Bobski99

Openings for slide shows

Postby Bobski99 » Thu Jul 06, 2006 9:52 pm

Did you create the opening for the slide show Our love story or did you purchase it? thanks for the info.

Bob

teli-vision productions

Re: Openings for slide shows

Postby teli-vision productions » Wed Jul 26, 2006 7:00 pm

Bobski99 wrote:Did you create the opening for the slide show Our love story or did you purchase it? thanks for the info.

Bob

I was wondering the same thing...

ryansmith

Postby ryansmith » Wed Aug 02, 2006 3:46 pm

i like your site and how you are able to share the slideshows. in your "one life to live show", where did you find the intro. i love it.

thecompletist

Postby thecompletist » Wed Aug 02, 2006 8:57 pm

Darker site don't tend to be the trend these days.... but yours works... I like it.

Your samples are pretty wicked to put it mildly... very nice work! Most of the photos are excellent too... so that really helps.
How long have you been working with Proshow and the other software you use?

Boy i have to work on my photo editing capabilities.

shutterbug

Postby shutterbug » Mon Aug 07, 2006 6:53 am

Thanks so much for your kind comments.

Bob & Teli-V--
I purchased the opening and closing of the intro to "My Love Story" at http://actionbacks.com/wedm3.html
They produce really great stuff and it is really quite inexpensive in comparison to some I have come across.

Ryan--
I create Windows Media files which are viewed with a Windows Media Player and upload the file to my webpage. The Producer link is created by using the source destination from my shared site at Photodex. The process has been posted here on the forum but if you need assistance feel free to send me a msg and I will share the process with you.

Thecompletist--
I have been creating slide shows since mid January 06. I am very new to the industry however; I have worked with multimedia sources for several years having owed and operated radio stations and also while working in health care marketing and development.

Best Regards,
Peg

memuser

Postby memuser » Mon Aug 07, 2006 12:34 pm

This place has a lot of neat intro/video backgrounds to. Check out http://www.animationsforvideo.com/html/hme_vol_1.htm

Jason

shutterbug

Thanks

Postby shutterbug » Mon Aug 07, 2006 2:45 pm

I have a couple of their sets. They are very good quality as well.
Peg

Return to Personal Web Sites