Restore display of image filename

Post your requested features for future versions of ProShow Gold here.
ProShow Hall of Fame

Restore display of image filename

Postby DickK » Sun Jan 04, 2009 9:23 am

In prior versions, the image filenames were displayed and could be quite useful. This appears to be missing from version 4 and should be restored, though not necessarily displayed in the same way.

Ideally, this should be a user-selected option on the Window/Show pull-down menu. Suggested placement for the filename text is replacing the Slide # string which is redundant with the large numeral.

Dick
"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it." Aristotle ((PSG, PSE & Fuji HS20 user)) Presentation Impact Blog

Re: Restore display of image filename

Postby BarbaraC » Sun Jan 04, 2009 9:41 am

I've the exact same beef with the new Producer. Having the slide number in only one place is surely enough, isn't it?

Barbara

Re: Restore display of image filename

Postby JimS » Sun Jan 04, 2009 1:39 pm

Dick, thank you for your response to my comment in another thread supporting my feeling that filenames showing on the slide line is useful. I also agree with you and Barbara that showing the slide number twice is redundant and removing one could free up space for the filename. (The slide number itself is crucial to working with the show and needs to be there once, but not twice)

It might be useful for me to explain how I use the filename (which in my case is usually the Image number assigned by the camera) in the slide line. Most of the shows I make are travelogues of trips my wife and I take to various corners of the world where we may take several hundred pictures that have to be brutally edited down to a reasonable size show. I will drop a whole lot of "possible" pictures into the show, knowing that I will be editing out a large number of them. I will delete some immediately, make written notes of others for possible deletion and have my wife (my greatest critic!) review them and make notes for deletion, changing order, etc. Of course all these notes could refer to the slide number -- but that becomes useless as soon as one delete or add is made as each subsequent slide is renumbered. The filename is constant and follows the actual slide, no matter what happens to its slide number. I realize the filename is still available, but I have to bring up another window each time I want to see it, and it becomes a real frustration if I am looking for a specific filename as I have to guess as to which slide it is, opening windows until I find it. Slows the process immensely.

Please, Photodex, give us back our filename!

Jim

Return to PSG - Feature Requests