New Site - comments please!

Want to share your own personal web site with the other forum members? Post a link here. This section is for personal sites only. Sites promoting slide show businesses are acceptable. Please DO NOT link to sites that you use to sell ProShow styles, templates, etc.
Cindy

New Site - comments please!

Postby Cindy » Wed Sep 27, 2006 4:12 am

Hi All-

I am in the process of building my new site. I have a couple of pages done and many more in progress that have not been published yet. I would appreciate your comments! Thanks for the help.

www.aGlimpseofTime.com

Cindy

Postby weldr » Wed Sep 27, 2006 6:42 am

Hey Cindy, I like your web site. Informative and easy to maneuver. I'm getting close to wanting a web site and doing these shows professionally. Everybody here is a big inspiration. Don

Honorary ProShow PHD

New site

Postby DanDan » Wed Sep 27, 2006 6:57 am

Hi Cindy,
Your site is really coming along. Congratulations! Looks nice, easy to navigate, not to busy. I have enjoyed your PSG shows. Curious, do you use other software for your slideshows or are you hooked on PSG? I know other members here somtimes use PSG and also "Producer". I am only a hobbiest, but like to hear what others are using. I only use PSG myself.
Good luck with your site!
_Dan

ProShow Hall of Fame

Postby 57Corvette » Wed Sep 27, 2006 7:40 am

Cindy,

The site is looking good ......... one thing that I would change: The rectangle box in the upper left corner has a white border around it .... except at the upper left hand corner. I would add the white border there to make it continuous. Not a big thing .... but it caught my eye. Is your site up and running? How are you doing getting ranked in the search engines?

Bob 57 Corvette

norinev

Postby norinev » Wed Sep 27, 2006 12:04 pm

Cindy,

Great job. I like the look of the site and it is easy to navigate. I was looking at one of your other shows with the flip book. Very cool. How did you do that? I'd love to know.

Norine

Cindy

Postby Cindy » Wed Sep 27, 2006 2:02 pm

Hi All-

Thanks so much for all of your comments. I truly appreciate you taking the time to look and post. I will try and answer your questions.

Norine - I did the flipbook http://www.photodex.com/sharing/viewsho ... 8942&alb=0 by taking photos of a book with blank pages inserted. then, in my photo editing program I added the photos to the pages. I needed to add a few more pictures - the movement is a little choppy, but thanks for the comments.

Bob- thanks for the comments as well. I was trying to be clever with the blend thing in the corner - so much for clever. LOL I was hoping it would draw positive attention, not negative. Oh well. That can easily be changed. I appreciate hearing from you on this. The site has only been live for a few days - I had an old site with the same name, but it included an extention that indicated the web host. That was a big mistake and hurt me dearly. So.... I bit the bullet and started a new one. I am not ranked very well yet, but hope to improve quickly. I was linked to over 50 sites before - have to get those back up. Some of my search words are coming up with the old extention, and are therefore taken to a dead site - ARGH!!! I am not very good at this - all trial and error and lots of reading to figure it out. I need help, but can't spend much $$$ on it right now. Hopefully it will improve quickly now. We'll see. Thanks for the interest.

Dan- Thanks so much for the nice words about my shows. I am a newbie - I did my first show in August, so I guess it is coming along. I absolutely LOVE it! I use only Gold, but do lots of editing before hand - wish I could afford Producer. I hope to make this more than a hobby-We'll see.

Thanks again for everyone - it is so nice to have a place like this to get comments and a much needed boost!
Have a great night everyone

sumgrl19

website help

Postby sumgrl19 » Wed Sep 27, 2006 3:17 pm

Cindy,

I took a look at your site, very nice! I had read what Bob said and took a look at that as well. You might try this...

Take off the white border except in the areas where it will be touching the dark grey, strip of grey and the light purple-ish color. You will also want to make sure that your website background color is the same grey that you are using in your banner image...then it will blend really nice...

I hope this makes sense!

-Jessica

Cindy

Postby Cindy » Wed Sep 27, 2006 3:37 pm

makes perfect sense Jessica - thanks, I think that will work!

Best Wishes

Postby nannybear » Thu Sep 28, 2006 1:44 pm

As usual it's all been covered but wanted to add my two cents. I think it's great Cindy.Keep up posted as to how the traffic and business is building! Cheers Jan
http://www.janstephens.com or http://www.oilswithjananddonna.com/
Graphic Design, Essential Oils, Click and Grow gardening, Cooking and Merge Dragons - PSP latest - Adobe Creative Cloud Suite
You can find me on Facebook, come visit!!

Cindy

Postby Cindy » Thu Sep 28, 2006 2:11 pm

Thanks Jan - I always want to hear your 2 cents! I truly appreciate it.

Best wishes

Esteemed Member

Postby twodoor55 » Fri Oct 06, 2006 6:11 pm

I liked your shows, especially the book. Pretty neat.

Cindy

Postby Cindy » Sat Oct 07, 2006 7:39 am

Thanks Brenda!

Return to Personal Web Sites