Check out my websites new look...please!

Want to share your own personal web site with the other forum members? Post a link here. This section is for personal sites only. Sites promoting slide show businesses are acceptable. Please DO NOT link to sites that you use to sell ProShow styles, templates, etc.
sumgrl19

Check out my websites new look...please!

Postby sumgrl19 » Wed Sep 27, 2006 3:21 pm

So, I recently updated the look of my website...thought you guys might want to check it out and let me know what you think!

http://www.lastingmemoriesdvd.com

Thanks!

-Jessica

Cindy

Postby Cindy » Wed Sep 27, 2006 4:18 pm

Hi Jessica-

I think the site looks great. I like the step by step and the pitch at the top is great. Nice job! I would be interested to hear how your business is going. How long have you been doing this? What are your best local marketing tools, etc.

Best Wishes

sumgrl19

Postby sumgrl19 » Wed Sep 27, 2006 4:43 pm

First off, thanks for checking out my site! I really appreciate it. :)

I have been doing the slideshow thing as a business for about a year. I was lucky enough to get hooked up with a hosting company that was really helpful and allowed me to make my own site...with all the space and gadgets i could ever want...and still be able to get help when I needed it. Now, I have become pretty proficient with the html and css stuff and have kind of branched out into web design...fun stuff!

As far as the slideshow business goes...it really fluctuates. Though, I always seem to be working on at least one project. I recently got lucky enough to get a customer who has thousands upon thousands of slides...she plans on transfering them all into DVD slideshows...The most recent show she purchased was around $700...so needless to say this is a great client! Alot of my business seems to come from referrals. I don't know if you saw it on my site...but I give a referral bonus to customers who refer others...it has really helped!

With adverstising...there are so many options out there. I haven't ever put myself in the paper, or sent out mailers or anything, but I often times add my listing on business websites (wedding planning pages, ect...) or even the local and nationwide classified ads. Plus, you should really keep up on the search engines....entering your site often. It helps!

Any other questions...don't hesitate to ask!

Thanks!
-Jessica

Cindy

Postby Cindy » Wed Sep 27, 2006 5:14 pm

Thanks so much for all the info Jessica. I am just getting started and would love to make a go of this. I really have no clue what I am doing with this website stuff - kinda learning as I go. Hopefully things will pick up. Best wishes to you - hope your luck continues!

Postby nannybear » Thu Sep 28, 2006 1:48 pm

Looks great Jessica, very clean, understandable and easy to navigate. Cheers and good luck! Jan
http://www.janstephens.com or http://www.oilswithjananddonna.com/
Graphic Design, Essential Oils, Click and Grow gardening, Cooking and Merge Dragons - PSP latest - Adobe Creative Cloud Suite
You can find me on Facebook, come visit!!

Return to Personal Web Sites