Adding overlay to all slides?

Post your tips & tricks here for creating slide shows with ProShow Gold. This could include suggestions for style and content in addition to working with the software itself

Adding overlay to all slides?

Postby SP0 » Wed May 19, 2010 3:45 am

I have searched a lot for this but I guess I'm not using the right keywords...

I have a slideshow in PSG and want to add a semitransparent overlayed copyright banner across the lower part of the slide. I have done this for one slide by adding a layer created in Photoshop with some transparency and my chosen fonts/logo.

I made it a style, but discovered that PSG does not have the ability to copy the style to the other 150 slides. Nor can I see how to copy the layer to the other slides.

How have others addressed this please?

Re: Adding overlay to all slides?

Postby cherub » Wed May 19, 2010 4:20 am

Hi and welcome to the forum

You don't have to save this as a style.
In the slide in which you have inserted this semi transparent layer, go to:
Motion Effects > RIGHT Click on the layer > Copy > Copy to all slides

This will place this layer as a 1st layer in all your slides.

Hope this helps,

Postby kellysgreens » Tue Jul 06, 2010 9:04 pm

okay...i have this problem in reverse...sort of. I have added a text to the final slide on my show..."Congratulations" and it is now applied to EVERY slide in the show....what did I do and how to I get it back to only the final slide?

Postby gpsmikey » Tue Jul 06, 2010 9:20 pm

You need to put the caption on the slide instead of in the global captions area (I am assuming you were at the show level when you created a caption). If you somehow created a caption and actually copied it to all slides, I'm not sure short of going to each slide and deleting the caption on that slide.

mikey
You can't have too many gadgets or too much disk space !!
mikey (PSP6, Photoshop CS6, Vegas Pro 14, Acid 7, BluffTitler, Nikon D300s, D810)
Lots of PIC and Arduino microprocessor stuff too !!

Postby debngar » Wed Jul 07, 2010 6:31 am

gpsmikey wrote:You need to put the caption on the slide instead of in the global captions area (I am assuming you were at the show level when you created a caption). If you somehow created a caption and actually copied it to all slides, I'm not sure short of going to each slide and deleting the caption on that slide.

mikey

This can happen without adding a caption globally at the "show" level.

In any slide, if the tiny "global" button is ticked/toggled (sits next to the caption button that makes it play through the transition) on the caption layer line it will apply that caption to all the slides in the show globally. Tick/toggle it off and it should remove all the captions on all the other slides and keep it only on the last slide you inserted the caption without having to go through all the slides one by one to remove it.
Debbie
Photography http://deborah-green.com

Postby gpsmikey » Wed Jul 07, 2010 6:36 am

Ah, thanks Debbie - I was not aware of that way to trip yourself up (usually I manage to do this to myself). I'll file that one away for future reference :D

mikey
You can't have too many gadgets or too much disk space !!
mikey (PSP6, Photoshop CS6, Vegas Pro 14, Acid 7, BluffTitler, Nikon D300s, D810)
Lots of PIC and Arduino microprocessor stuff too !!

Postby chuckglenn » Thu Mar 08, 2012 6:02 pm

cherub wrote:Hi and welcome to the forum

You don't have to save this as a style.
In the slide in which you have inserted this semi transparent layer, go to:
Motion Effects > RIGHT Click on the layer > Copy > Copy to all slides

This will place this layer as a 1st layer in all your slides.

Hope this helps,

Hi, I see this is thread is a little old, but I'm looking for the same solution and using version 5 PSG. I added my transparent background logo image to all slides but the problem is the logo moves with the effect of each slide.
Do you know if there is a way to make the added logo on each slide stay still in one place and not move with the effects of the slide?

Thanks for your help!!

Postby cherub » Thu Mar 08, 2012 8:55 pm

chuckglenn wrote:Hi, I see this is thread is a little old, but I'm looking for the same solution and using version 5 PSG. I added my transparent background logo image to all slides but the problem is the logo moves with the effect of each slide.
Do you know if there is a way to make the added logo on each slide stay still in one place and not move with the effects of the slide?
Thanks for your help!!

Hi,
I'm not sure that I understand your problem very well. I don't know if you refer to the Motion Effects within your slide, or the Transition Effects that are applied BETWEEN the slides.

To solve the first problem:
If you are including your logo together with all the other images in your slide, and then applying the style, ProShow will automatically apply the style to all the images in your slide, regardless of what they are.
What you need to do is to created your show without any logo whatsoever, and to insert your logo only at the very end, in each slide.
Place your logo in your first slide, resize it and position it where you want it. Make sure that the same values are given in the "Starting Position" and "Ending Position". This will ensure that it does not move during the slide.
When you are happy with it, you may copy this layer to all the other slides. (Right click on the layer, Copy > Copy to All Slides.

However, you will soon discover that you are facing problem no. 2 that I mentioned above - that is, that your logo will be affected by the transitions between your slides.
If your logo is an image, there is no way to stop its motion during transitions, because transitions affect all the contents of your slide (all the images and the background too).

If you really want a static logo throughout your show, you should consider using just a caption without any image.
You can then go into Captions Settings > Caption Setup. Place a check mark in: Show Caption X Appears in Every Slide; and in : Slide Transition X Included in slide transition effect.

Hope this helps, and doesn't confuse you too much :D

Return to PSG - Tips & Tricks