Gold ver 4 - delay caption appearing

Post your tips & tricks here for creating slide shows with ProShow Gold. This could include suggestions for style and content in addition to working with the software itself

Gold ver 4 - delay caption appearing

Postby crojemupeo » Sun May 13, 2012 9:01 pm

Right now, I use 2 slides to get the effect of a photo showing for 4 seconds before the caption appears (caption is on the 2nd of the 2 identical slides). Can this be done on one slide? Is it possible to have ONE slide show the photo for x number of seconds before the caption fades in and then both the caption and photo stay up for x number of seconds more?
thanks!
jennifer

ProShow Hall of Fame

Re: Gold ver 4 - delay caption appearing

Postby DickK » Mon May 14, 2012 4:13 am

Not in PSG, what you're doing is the way to get what you want.
Dick
"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it." Aristotle ((PSG, PSE & Fuji HS20 user)) Presentation Impact Blog

Re: Gold ver 4 - delay caption appearing

Postby GordonHarris » Fri Jan 18, 2013 6:51 am

Jennifer,
I think there is a way to do this, which I came across by accident.
If you use a single (captioned) slide, and make the transition before the slide a 'Cut' transition of X seconds, this loads the slide immediately but delays the appearance of the caption for X seconds.
From a quick inspection, this may interfere with one or two 'fly in' options for captions; though options for 'Caption Behaviour - Normal' still seem to work as you would expect.
May be worth trying out, anyway.
Gordon

Return to PSG - Tips & Tricks