ProShow Gold Photo/Sound Sync Shifted

Discuss anything ProShow Producer related

ProShow Gold Photo/Sound Sync Shifted

Postby johnwmreed » Fri Jan 27, 2023 10:54 am

All My existing ProShow Gold Shows photos and sounds have shifted - the photos play faster than the corresponding sound.

I have recently built a new PC computer, which I think is causing the problem. I have installed ProShow Gold (15 day free trial) on my wife's older computer, and the shows run fine. Both computers have the same Windows 10 operating systems, so I don't think operating systems is the problem.

I have tried slowing my computer down from 3200 Mhz to 2100 Mhz, but that doesn't help.

I would appreciate any suggestions to fix this problem. :?

Re: ProShow Gold Photo/Sound Sync Shifted

Postby Riekelt » Fri Jan 27, 2023 11:53 am

Do you mean the prepared presentations or the presentations still under construction in proshow itself. ?
If it's under construction I think it's worth switching to the last set version PS 9.0 which is now completely freely available.
(see this forum)
I don't think slowing down the computer itself is the right solution.
Riekelt Koffeman

WIN10 PSP 9.0
MAC OSX Photoshop / Lightroom
Foto CANON 80D

Postby johnwmreed » Fri Jan 27, 2023 2:15 pm

Prepared presentations, all 47 of them.

Postby johnwmreed » Sun Jan 29, 2023 9:27 am

I temporarily installed PS 9.0 on my computer and tested my shows. Like ProShow Gold the photos still speed faster than the sound file.

"Temporarily installed PS 9.0:" because when I subsequently opened my ProShow Gold and found it now had become a 15 day free trial. I quickly rolled back my computer (image restore) to before installing PS 9.0.

Very scary! :evil:

Postby johnwmreed » Sat Feb 04, 2023 10:44 am

After searching around, I finally solved my problem. I don't have GPU acceleration but lowering the refresh rate of my monitor from 165 Hz to 50 Hz fixed the sync problem between sound and slides.

Esteemed Member

Postby northward » Thu Feb 09, 2023 2:43 pm

Interesting problem and interesting solution! What file format did you employ? Tested different video formats and various resolutions?
Monitor refresh rate, what do you know...
Greetings
Wolf
-- Minolta SLRs, first digital camera Apple QuickTake 1996, various others since then ---

Postby DixieReid » Tue Dec 05, 2023 11:10 am

johnwmreed wrote:I temporarily installed PS 9.0 on my computer and tested my shows. Like ProShow Gold the photos still speed faster than the sound file.

"Temporarily installed PS 9.0:" because when I subsequently opened my ProShow Gold and found it now had become a 15 day free trial. I quickly rolled back my computer (image restore) to before installing PS 9.0.

Very scary! :evil:

If you need anything:
❤ You cannot use your registration codes any more as the Photodex activation servers were taken offline permanently when Photodex closed the business down in January 2020. (Two of the employees who lost their jobs when Photodex closed went on to start Photopia which is subscription based.) You can go to my resources website and download the final stable version of ProShow Producer 9 including the activation utility which you can use to activate ProShow Producer 9 on as many computers or laptops as you like.
★ Link to my 100% FREE resources website:
https://reefanddixie.com/proshow/index.html
❤ There are activation instructions (green buttons) with step by step screenshots on how to install and activate ProShow Producer 9 on your computer which only takes a minute or two.
❤ Please download the WinRAR version because the archive contains a registry file and your Windows OS will strip the registry file out of the download. Windows can look inside a ZIP file as it is downloaded, but WinRAR is not owned by Microsoft and cannot look inside a RAR download. Windows OS is very protective of its environment. When you have downloaded the RAR version your WinZip software and be used to unpack any file archived and packed by WinRAR.
❤ You will also be able to download all the official Photodex styles and transitions packs 100% FREE. The Photodex styles and transitions packs on my resources site are ★ALL REGISTERED VERSIONS★ so all you need to do is unpack them (password: overthemoonwithproshow) then inside the folder you will see a file named ❝setup.exe❞ - double click on that to run it then simply follow the prompts until the end then you're good to go. The styles and packs automatically install straight into the ProShow Producer folder where the styles and transitions are located. No need to worry about any registration codes so quick and easy. You will need to install ProShow Producer first before installing the styles & transitions packs.
❤ Please note: If you are using ProShow Producer, ALL the Gold and Producer styles and transitions will be installed as Producer ❝can❞ utilise Gold and Producer styles and transitions as Photodex intended. If you are using ProShow Gold only the styles and transitions specifically created for Gold (which are considerably less than Producer) will be installed. If you are currently using ProShow Gold you may like to think about switching to ProShow Producer as the features are far more extensive and a joy to create with.
❤ You are welcome to visit my ❝Dinky Slideshows❞ website where I post my shows or styles I create which you can download. I'm not an uber user but anyone is welcome to use anything I make. Please refer to my ❛Cookies Policy❜ at the bottom of the Home page.
https://dinkyslideshows.com
❤ On Page 2 of my ❝Dinky Slideshows❞ website, down the bottom of the page is the request link to 370+Mp3's a member has made available for members to download. They are the .mp3 versions of the official Photodex proprietary .psa format audio files which no longer work as Photodex took the music servers offline permanently when they closed the business down so pointers to the music server no longer work, plus the .psa format was machine specific as well so cannot even be shared.
★ The ❝Dinky Slideshows❞ Help page is here:
https://dinkyslideshows.com/help/help.html
❤ I've added a collection of frames to ❝Dinky Slideshows❞ as well. This is the same collection as the collection on my ProShow Producer resources website. There's over 300 frames with a transparency section where you can insert your own photos or images. You will need software that can manipulate transparencies such as Photoshop, Paint Shop Pro, etc.
★ My ❝Dinky Slideshows❞ YouTube channel is here:
https://www.youtube.com/@dinkyslideshows/videos
❤ One of our generous members shared her collection of .mp3 music which was converted from the Photodex proprietary music .psa format as that format cannot be played on any other media player and also needs the Photodex music server to function as the .psa files were pointers only to the music servers.
★ Request a link to the .mp3 music collection here:
https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIp ... form?pli=1
❤ ALL the Photodex video tutorials (72), Jennifer Clark (Udemy) video tutorials (68), Dicas do Klaus video tutorials (56) (if you speak Spanish/Portugese but easy to follow good videos), 40 Spanish language video tutorials, and other assorted tutorials are on my Google drive for anyone who needs any of them and are 100% FREE. I find the built-in help in PSP excellent.
★ Link to all the tutorials on my Google drive:
https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/ ... sp=sharing
★ There are a few ❛HOW TO❜ screenshots I have done from time to time that may be of use to anyone. Also, the final manual for ProShow Produce 9 can be downloaded as well which is really good. Link to the screenshots in a Photodex Presenter exe is here:
➤https://www.mediafire.com/folder/duv4upjawakey/Z_-_All_Presenter_Videos_Screenshots
❤ I build and host my own websites so you are safe when you visit my sites. My security certificate is always up to date and my websites are hosted on my own private server which is well protected.
❤ You don't have to share any projects you make, not everyone does, but that's alright, there's no pressure. If you just want to post a show you make for us to enjoy that is perfectly fine, it's nice to see how others create with ProShow.
❤ If you need any help my email address is dixie.reid@gmail.com
★ Link to the translator I use for non-English replies to members:
https://translate.yandex.com/
❤ Dixie xx (New Zealand)
❝The magical heart of this passionate ProShow Producer community of users beats with encouragement, love of ProShow, respect, and kindness to all. It is a perfect environment to promote our love for artistic creations and for the exchange of innovative ideas, tips, tricks, and techniques.❞

Return to PSP - General Discussion