Problem editing image position within style

Discuss anything ProShow Producer related

Problem editing image position within style

Postby silversmith » Fri May 03, 2019 1:42 pm

Using Proshow Producer 9. I am using "Wall Scroll 1 Light" style. This is a screen of 3 rows of fixed framed images that slides to the left, exposing more rows of the slide's 15 total images.
In the "adjustment" tab, I can edit the image positions within their frames for the first set of images. However, I can not seem to find a way to pull the adjustment screen over to the left to expose the remaining images in order to edit those image positions within their individual frames. Suggestions very appreciated. Thank you.

Re: Problem editing image position within style

Postby cherub » Fri May 03, 2019 6:46 pm

In Slide Opions, look at the bottom of the screen. Notice the magnifying glass icon. It is set at 100% zoom by default. If you change that to say 20%, you'll be able to see the entire slide.
BUT !!!!!
This is a rather complex style, and changes must be made carefully.
The style uses 15 images and 15 duplicates of these same images, and they all slide to the left.
Moreover, this style is based on precise calculations.
Notice that image 1 is placed at the values of x=0 and y= -33.33. These are the values of the topmost middle image.
All the remaining images are placed in relation to this first image, at a distance of either +33.33 and -33.33, or multiples of these values.
So any change that you might do must take into consideration these values.
For short, it's not so simple as you described it.

In any case, if you do change things, just by dragging things around a bit, without any calculations, don't forget to make the same change in both keyframe 1 AND keyframe 2.
Also notice that this style uses modifiers to make the movement to the left. So, whatever you do, don't touch the red dot that you see next to the values of x and y, and don't play with the zoom values. :D

Re: Problem editing image position within style

Postby silversmith » Sat May 04, 2019 3:41 am

Thank you so much for this most helpful explanation. I used the magnifier to see the other part of the slide and make the changes I needed. However I must say that by so reducing the size to see it all made the images so small that changes are very difficult. Anything other than position changes would have been impossible. I am grateful to you that you explained a method that works, but I am surprised that Proshow has not built in a better solution - this one worked for me, but is really not adequate for more sophisticated work.
Many, Many, Many thanks.
Peter

Return to PSP - General Discussion