Lost my Preferences-Settings

Discuss anything ProShow Producer related
Esteemed Member

Lost my Preferences-Settings

Postby Dieter » Wed Jul 10, 2019 12:32 am

Hallo Forum,

from time to time I lost my Preferences-Settings when I start ProShow. I don't know why.
I kontactet Photodex and he reported:
My first guess is that the ProShow preferences file ("proshow.cfg") and maybe the database file ("proshow.phd") are being written to the Windows "VirtualStore" location, which can cause this behavior. Go to the following location on your system and look for anything ProShow / Photodex related. Delete what you find in that folder, or any sub-folders, that may be related to our software then try ProShow again.

and:
It sounds like Windows does not like that ProShow installation folder for some reason. When you get a chance, uninstall ProShow then reinstall it to the default location (you've got it in a non-standard location at the moment).

I do that but it did not help. Does anyone have a idea for a solution.
Thank you and best regards Dieter

Re: Lost my Preferences-Settings

Postby AllieB » Wed Jul 10, 2019 3:34 am

I´m the same problem but also nearly everytime I have been started the program nd switched to a style or transition the program loads the transitions/styles saying this has to be done once and only after you have installed new ones which isn´t. It is not a real problem, only annoying, but every time I have to wait and I know tomorrow wil be the same.

Esteemed Member

Re: Lost my Preferences-Settings

Postby Dieter » Wed Jul 10, 2019 4:20 am

Hello AllieB,
yes I had too.
The solution is:
1.go to Hard Drive "C" and open this.
2. open your ProShow (x86)
3. styles and/or transition Folder open and empty the "Cache"
I hope you understand me
Best regards Dieter

Return to PSP - General Discussion