fadein/fadeout during transition period

Discuss anything ProShow Producer related

fadein/fadeout during transition period

Postby jlund6 » Fri Sep 06, 2019 2:40 am

I have different video clips in my movie. My problem is that when switching from one video to the next, the default soundtrack fades in and out for the 3 seconds I've set my transition to. How do I prevent the default soundtrack to do these fadein / fadeout during the transition period?

Re: fadein/fadeout during transition period

Postby mrdcambs » Fri Sep 06, 2019 3:15 am

Hi: presumably there is a sound track on each of the videos? If so, you have probably left the default "Soundtrack During Other Sounds" volume setting at the default 25%. Check at the bottom right-hand corner of the "Music" screen (where you add soundtracks to the slideshow); if the volume setting is 25% simply adjust it to 100%.

Regards - Mike - UK

Postby jlund6 » Fri Sep 06, 2019 3:32 am

I'm not sure my problem is understood, so I'll rephrase it :-)
There is sound on the various video clips. I do NOT want the default soundtrack to fade in to full strength during transition. When switching between the different video clips, the default soundtrack should stay on the 10% I set it to. When still images come into my show, the default soundtrack should fade back to normal volume (in my case 100%)

I have the following setting at Default soundtrack:

Soundtrack during other sound 10%
5 sek. fade in and out
Track settings 100%

Postby mrdcambs » Fri Sep 06, 2019 7:27 am

Hi: sorry, I misunderstood your first post - I took that you wanted to "prevent the default track fading in/out", i.e. continue at its normal level. The key to the problem is the "Default during other sounds",
because I suspect that your transitions do not contain any sound and therefore the 10% setting will not kick in. Take the following situation, where you have 2 Slides of 5 seconds each, split by 2 consecutive videos of 30 seconds each, with Cross Fade transition times of 3 seconds:

Slide 1 ------ V i d e o 1 ------- V i d e o 2 -------- Slide 2

What you need to do is either reduce the transition time to zero (which gives an unacceptably abrupt change between slides) OR play with the Video Clip Settings and Slide Times to ensure that transitions are "filled" with sounds from the videos. Just as an example, set each video to fade in and out for 2 seconds. Then change the slide times for each video to 26 seconds. So your slideshow now looks like this:

Slide 1 ------- V i d e o 1 ------ V i d e o 2 ------- Slide 2

The transitions between slides and videos now consist of the fade in/out settings of 2 seconds because the slide times are set to 26 seconds. The videos will appear to gradually fade in/out to each other. Obviously you would need to play with the settings to suit your particular situation but hopefully I have described the approach reasonably clearly. I don't know if other Users have any more
eloquent or easier approaches but this is the one I use and it gives a pleasant viewing experience.

Regards - Mike - UK

Return to PSP - General Discussion