Director and Creator going Subscription based

Discuss anything ProShow Producer related

Director and Creator going Subscription based

Postby Video1 » Fri Nov 01, 2019 4:33 am

Director and Creator

Release Date

I know I keep saying "Soon"....but, it really is soon now. As in, we're counting down in days, not months. There will be several announcements that go out, including from me, when they are released so you won't miss it.

Pricing

I'm still not allowed to discuss specific pricing, but the prices for these two programs will be comparable ProShow pricing. Maybe a little better, actually.

That's because these programs will be subscription based.

(insert screaming, running around, and sheer panic)

No, no...it's not that bad, really. Here's why:

• You can pause your subscription and restart it any time you want. So, if you only make a couple of shows a year, you can turn on and off your subscription only when you need it.

• If you were a Producer user that never built your own Styles or Transitions, you can comfortably go with Creator, which will be priced similar to a ProShow Gold price point.

• Automatic Updates. If there is an update, you'll see a message saying that an update is available. You can click on that to see what's in the update and decide to install or wait until later. (Updates are always a good idea...they are tested through the Beta Team before they are released to the public.)

And while we're on the subject of Pricing....

All ProShow Users will get a Discount!

That's right! It doesn't matter if you bought ProShow Producer 9 five months ago or if you haven't upgraded since Version 6....you will get a discount! (Keep an eye on your email for details)

So, when is all of this happening?! In less than two weeks. Just in time for Christmas :)

So what is going on at Choice Slides to get ready for our new arrivals? Keep reading to find out!
Last edited by Video1 on Fri Nov 01, 2019 12:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Valued Member

Re: Director and Creator going Subscription based NO GOOD

Postby jskintauy » Fri Nov 01, 2019 12:07 pm

Until we know more information, it is hard to judge whether a subscription based model will be "no good". Further, it is apparent that one of the reasons the software industry is moving toward subscription based pricing (Software As A Service) is so firms have a more stable revenue stream. It is likely that one of the big reasons that Photodex is no longer here is that they ran into cash flow issues (ran out of money) to develop a more updated version of their product. For example, it is a big expensive jump to go from 32-bit software to more modern / capable 64-bit software. It is an even bigger jump to move from a 2d based system to a more capable 3d based system. These were the places Photodex needed to take Producer and I think it became too expensive for them to make the leap. So, I believe it is probably worth paying the subscription if you want great products backed by a great company that provides good customer service. (not saying this new company will be great, we just don't know, but I do think it will be more sustainable if they get decent traction).
I am hopeful about this transition.
Jim S

Re: Director and Creator going Subscription based

Postby bob walden » Sat Nov 02, 2019 2:32 pm

I'm a long time Producer satisfied customer. Well, except for a few glitches such as unfair pricing policies, fixes called upgrades and confusion about the continuation of ProShow Producer. Opps. Forgot to mention lack of 64 bit! Overall have been very satisfied with the working of the program. And have always been a BIG fan of Jennifer. Love her tuts and products and helpful nature. I started many years ago using PTE. Became a bit complicated for me and what I was doing. And big fan of this forum!

Personally not a fan of subscription services but the alternatives are limited nowadays. All I want is a smooth working program at a reasonable price with great support. Guess I'll give PTE another look as comments such as "Soon"....but, it really is soon now. As in, we're counting down in days, not months" is not a time frame IMO. Also hope Jennifer will continue to be a source to be counted on. And really looking forward to evaluations of Director and Creator by fellow forum friends i have come to know and trust. (Please hurry on all accounts as I have a show due the first of the year I'm afraid to trust to Producer 9!!)

Bob W

Postby bob walden » Sat Nov 02, 2019 2:35 pm

Also hope this great forum continues!

Postby Eddie2001 » Sat Nov 02, 2019 8:44 pm

Sorry to hear that the new programs will be subscription based....that is something I just will not do! I have enough monthly bills as it is and I do not want to add another. It would be nice if they would offer a one and done program with updates to be paid for, as opposed to another monthly bill.

Guess I will stay with PSP 8...it works well enough for me :)

Thanks...

Eddie

Postby Jeep » Sat Nov 02, 2019 11:52 pm

Eddie2001 wrote:Sorry to hear that the new programs will be subscription based....that is something I just will not do! I have enough monthly bills as it is and I do not want to add another. It would be nice if they would offer a one and done program with updates to be paid for, as opposed to another monthly bill.

Thanks...

Eddie

+ 1
Jean-Pierre

My blog
Processor: Intel Quad core 2.33 Ghz - RAM: 4 Gb - Windows 8.1 64 bits - Video: Nvidia 720GT 2 Gb- Camera : Canon 5D Mark II + 24-105 + 100-400 - Sharing : jean_pierre

Postby Sergio » Sun Nov 03, 2019 3:55 pm

Eddie2001 wrote:Sorry to hear that the new programs will be subscription based....that is something I just will not do! I have enough monthly bills as it is and I do not want to add another. It would be nice if they would offer a one and done program with updates to be paid for, as opposed to another monthly bill.

Thanks...

Eddie

+1
Sergio
ProShow Producer v5, CANON 7D, Online Sharing Photodex:SergioP Online Sharing Youtube:SergioGalerie

Esteemed Member

Postby Marie78 » Sun Nov 03, 2019 11:53 pm

Thanks...

Eddie

+1
Chris Marie

Postby mrdcambs » Mon Nov 04, 2019 1:02 am

I am another who will not subscribe monthly. I much prefer to pay outright for software and then for any upgrade that offers new facilities or corrects errors in previous versions.

Postby Video1 » Mon Nov 04, 2019 2:52 am

I am another who will not subscribe monthly and stay with PSP 9.

Postby heckydog » Mon Nov 04, 2019 2:14 pm

Video1 wrote:I am another who will not subscribe monthly and stay with PSP 9.

I'm confused.

Was your first post in this thread just a copy of something you saw posted somewhere else? Because it sounded like you were promoting the new software but now you're saying you won't use it.

Postby Video1 » Mon Nov 04, 2019 2:33 pm

heckydog wrote:I'm confused.

Was your first post in this thread just a copy of something you saw posted somewhere else? Because it sounded like you were promoting the new software but now you're saying you won't use it.

Sorry about that I received an e-mail and just copied it here. I would never take out a subscription for a program. Thank you

Postby obeeone » Mon Nov 04, 2019 2:44 pm

Doubt if I will either
Photodex Gallery: http://www.photodex.com/share/obeeone

There are 10 types of people who understand binary:
Those who do and those who don't.

Postby harpo » Mon Nov 04, 2019 4:36 pm

How about if we wait and see the details of the new software, then each of use make up our own minds what we do, rather than this thread turning into a for or against.
What you have to remember, you can still use Proshow at no extra cost while windows supports the software.

Postby mimifurby » Tue Nov 05, 2019 12:55 am

Video1 wrote:I am another who will not subscribe monthly and stay with PSP 9.

Hi,

Me too ! I stay with PSP9, and wait until we have an official information about prices and conditions.
I am not enthusiast about a monthly subscription
Wait and see !
Mimifurby (from France)
Dell Alienware Aurora R4- Ram:16 Gb - NVIDIA GTX 680
2 Dell U2713HM 27" W - Win10/64 - PSP 8.0.3648
Photodex :mimifurby
Vimeo :http://vimeo.com/channels/mimifurby

Next

Return to PSP - General Discussion