Question for all that are not going to upgrade to Director

Discuss anything ProShow Producer related

Re: Question for all that are not going to upgrade to Direct

Postby furilla » Mon Jan 06, 2020 7:17 pm

I am done with subscription services. As it is I am looking for a substitute for Adobe. Anyway, i will continue to do research but PTE looks promising. Does anyone have experience with that or other similar solutions. For what it’s worth Proshow Produces has been the best software purchase I have made. It’s a real shame they are going out.

Postby furilla » Mon Jan 06, 2020 7:30 pm

Update. I sent a note to PTE to see if they might be interested in offering an incentive to Photodex customers. Others may want to leave them a message as well.

Postby furilla » Tue Jan 07, 2020 5:06 am

Please see the note below from PTE AV Studio.

Thanks for your interest to PTE AV Studio!

Yes, we can offer a 30% discount for Proshow users who want to switch to PTE AV Studio. If user contacts us we offer him this discount.

I will be glad if you have any idea how to tell more Proshow users about this discount.

We sell our software product more than 20 years. No subscriptions, only single one time payment and free updates during 1-2 years (bug-fixes and small improvements). We offer upgrades for a reasonable price (29 or 39 USD), but you can use existing version unlimited time.

Main benefits of PTE AV Studio 10 Pro if compare with Proshow Producer:

- 64-bit app
- GPU acceleration for a smooth playback of video clips and for video encoding.
- GPU acceleration for the graphical interface.
- Audio editor with multiple audio tracks and keypoints for sound volume.
- Parent-child keyframe animation of objects (layers).
- Stable work. No freezes or crashes, you can check WnSoft forum to see that. We spent 5 months for public Beta testing on our forum before release the final version 10.0.

We plan to release Mac version during this year.

You can watch two Promo videos to learn more about PTE AV Studio 10:

https://youtu.be/3cMiBboRSVM

https://youtu.be/sjbwbK8Yjds

Postby Jeep » Tue Jan 07, 2020 6:52 am

Sorry my friend, but I am not investing in software that is a bit outdated compared to the competition. I went to DaVinci Resolve which is free and which brings many other high level features to make slideshows.
Every one has his preferences :D
Jean-Pierre

My blog
Processor: Intel Quad core 2.33 Ghz - RAM: 4 Gb - Windows 8.1 64 bits - Video: Nvidia 720GT 2 Gb- Camera : Canon 5D Mark II + 24-105 + 100-400 - Sharing : jean_pierre

Postby furilla » Tue Jan 07, 2020 7:06 am

Agree but most folks would have a steep learning curve for Davinci.

I have checked out Davinci and it is a great product with significant features, even in the free version I use Adobe Products (e.g., Premiere) so The learning curve wouldn’t be too much for me but most slideshow users would make the move to PTE much easier.

The real issue with Photopia is the subscription based license. I for one, am tired of paying those perpetual prices and getting locked in to something that changes so fast.

Postby Jeep » Tue Jan 07, 2020 7:11 am

There are tons of tutorials for DaVinci Resolve so anyone may download the software and make a try. It's free.
Jean-Pierre

My blog
Processor: Intel Quad core 2.33 Ghz - RAM: 4 Gb - Windows 8.1 64 bits - Video: Nvidia 720GT 2 Gb- Camera : Canon 5D Mark II + 24-105 + 100-400 - Sharing : jean_pierre

Site Admin

Postby MG - Admin » Tue Jan 07, 2020 7:53 am

Don Hammock wrote:Hi Lin,

Thanks again, will definitely be back to ask questions

If you have questions about using PTE, please contact Lin privately, or take advantage of forums specific to PTE.

This is still a ProShow forum and will continue to be focused solely on the ProShow products. Thanks for your understanding and cooperation.

Mike

Previous

Return to PSP - General Discussion