The end of the adventure !

Discuss anything ProShow Producer related

Re: The end of the adventure !

Postby dzacco » Mon Jan 13, 2020 8:26 am

I have an old version of Producer and a number of transition and effect packages. I'm surprised to see that there is no discount on upgrades at this late date. I was thinking about upgrading before discontinuation. Is this a good idea or what do you advise? My software is on an old computer and I need to update that as well. Can I transfer the software to a new operating system at a later date?

Postby nsd3 » Tue Jan 14, 2020 7:16 am

I won't be subscribing to Photobia Director (the only product that would interest me) as the subscription price is eye wateringly ridiculous.

Seriously? $250 a year for a single product which is not that special. Photobia have to be joking. I wouldn't pay more than $50 a year. Best thing ProShow supporters can do is nothing. Photobia need to get real regarding their pricing model. It's way out of the reach of the ordinary consumer, and let's be honest, I pay less than that for the complete Adobe Creative Cloud suite. There's just no comparison.

Steve

Postby Marc NY » Fri Jan 17, 2020 8:31 am

dzacco wrote:I have an old version of Producer and a number of transition and effect packages. I'm surprised to see that there is no discount on upgrades at this late date. I was thinking about upgrading before discontinuation. Is this a good idea or what do you advise? My software is on an old computer and I need to update that as well. Can I transfer the software to a new operating system at a later date?
I believe that you can download all your software that you have purchased and save them for future installations. Just make sure that you save all the Registration codes to be able to unlock the ProShow program and any of the PS Transition Packs that you purchased.

If I am mistaken I sure someone on our site will be able to help clarify anything that is incorrect.

Postby debngar » Wed Jan 29, 2020 4:18 pm

Hi everyone...It's been a long time since I've popped into the forum. We moved some years ago to a more remote location and I've not used Proshow for probably 6 years or so. Since then I've also purchase a newer computer but never reloaded the software and other Photodex purchases as our internet connection hadn't always been that great. Nevertheless I'd still like to try at least to get back what I've purchased.

Now that Photodex is shutting down, I've tried to access their website and Norton is giving me grief about that. I finally worked around the warnings to try the download but it stops the download. Is there a real concern over the exe file, or can I just shut Norton off temporarily to get the download and not worry about the files? I figure I could always apply a virus check once they are downloaded to a folder, yes?

Thoughts on this would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Debbie
Debbie
Photography http://deborah-green.com

Postby cherub » Wed Jan 29, 2020 5:54 pm

debngar wrote:Hi everyone...It's been a long time since I've popped into the forum. We moved some years ago to a more remote location and I've not used Proshow for probably 6 years or so. Since then I've also purchase a newer computer but never reloaded the software and other Photodex purchases as our internet connection hadn't always been that great. Nevertheless I'd still like to try at least to get back what I've purchased.

Now that Photodex is shutting down, I've tried to access their website and Norton is giving me grief about that. I finally worked around the warnings to try the download but it stops the download. Is there a real concern over the exe file, or can I just shut Norton off temporarily to get the download and not worry about the files? I figure I could always apply a virus check once they are downloaded to a folder, yes?

Thoughts on this would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Debbie

Hi Debbie,
So very nice to see your name popping up here!
I don't know if there is anything wrong with their site or the exe. But, anything can happen on sites that are left unattended.
I can send you the exe, the problem is that I don't know if you'll ever receive the registration from them after payment. I saw a person complaining about this in another thread. So, I really don't know what to advise you in this case.
Kind regards,

Postby debngar » Wed Jan 29, 2020 7:25 pm

Hi Mona!
Thanks so much for your reply.

I was able to access the necessary info regarding my previous purchases, registration keys, etc. But when I tap the download button, Norton stops me there. I can probably turn off Norton temporarily to successfully download all my purchases and such. I would put them in a seperate folder and virus check them before installing.

Do you think that would be safe to do it that way? It's not just the program but some style packs and transition pack. It seems to me that should work.

I'm not purchasing anything new, just would like to get back what I purchased over the years. It would be nice if it works with Windows 10 as that's what OS I have now.
Debbie
Photography http://deborah-green.com

Postby cherub » Wed Jan 29, 2020 9:24 pm

Debbie,
Yes I think that your plan is safe.
No worries about Win 10. Everything works.
All my best,

Postby debngar » Thu Jan 30, 2020 12:17 pm

Thanks Mona. I'm going to try it and see what happens. :D

Postby debngar » Thu Jan 30, 2020 12:47 pm

Mona,

I turned off both Norton smart firewall and auto protect and then tried the download. The file download is still cancelled with a pop up at lower right corner that says says malicious download prevented.

Norton says there is a Trojan Gen problem with a ProShow Gold program file but that's not the file I'm downloading.

I think I need to try and get rid of the Norton Firefox browser add-on and/or try with another browser.

Postby debngar » Thu Jan 30, 2020 1:00 pm

Mona,

Using Chrome seems to work ok. So far, so good - yeaaa.

Postby cherub » Thu Jan 30, 2020 7:55 pm

Debbie,
There are other good security add-ons for Firefox. Norton is NOT one of them.
I use Emsisoft Browser Security. I don't know how good it is, but it doesn't bother me, at least.
All the other good extensions take care of the adds, and privacy issues.
As a general Anti-Virus, you can use only what comes with Win 10, and you'll be OK.

Postby debngar » Thu Jan 30, 2020 9:54 pm

Thanks again Mona. :D

Postby nannybear » Sat Mar 21, 2020 2:22 pm

I just used a song and YouTube will allow the vid but says copyright claim and it cannot be monetized. I will go back to using Digital Juice tunes I purchased....
http://www.janstephens.com or http://www.oilswithjananddonna.com/
Graphic Design, Essential Oils, Click and Grow gardening, Cooking and Merge Dragons - PSP latest - Adobe Creative Cloud Suite
You can find me on Facebook, come visit!!

Postby DixieReid » Mon May 30, 2022 6:04 pm

folkroots wrote:Jeep thanks for posting this link. I have been waiting for this. It is good news that you can reinstall the program in the future and it will be activated as long as you have the key. One concern I have is about the music library. It mentions that you will no longer have access to the music library after Jan. 31. Is it possible to download the music files for use in a future show before Jan. 31st? Thanks.

Keith

You can download ProShow Producer 9 FREE which includes my registration activation bypassing the NO LONGER IN EXISTENCE Photodex activation servers.
I also have all the styles and packs and extras which are all FREE to download.
I also have slide styles and shows I give away for FREE on my ProShow Producer support group.
https://www.facebook.com/groups/338829398351892
My website is password protected to stop unscrupulous sites hot linking to my files.
I change the password regularly and include that in my group where I also give FREE slide styles and shows as well.
The login is Username: pigletpete Password: pigletpete
Link: https://reefanddixie.com/proshow/index.html
Photodex actually built into the software that uploading to the social media sites within the software go through Photodex then on to the social media platform.
You need to publish your show to a video file (majority of sites accept .mp4).
Also, using ProShow Producer creates quite a few temporary files on the Windows system which need to be cleared out regularly, otherwise ProShow Producer has a tendency to do "funny" things.
Kind regards

Postby DixieReid » Mon May 30, 2022 6:06 pm

Jeep wrote:
hcajones wrote:I am given to understand that Proshow Producer users will find Photopia to be very similar. In other words, if you know Proshow, the learning curve for Photopia should be a lot less steep.

I would be very glad to hear from anyone who has moved from Proshow to Photopia. I will experiment with the trial version of Photopia, but I am very interested in how others feel about the transition, once they've tried it.

Thanks.

The best is to try by yourself importing shows you have made in ProShow as to see the compatibility. For me it was a disaster while I tried several shows without any effects or styles, many b ugs and incompatibilities.
Secondly, I hate programs sold by subscriptions, when you stop paying, you loose the program and cannot reopen shows unless to pay again !

I agree... subscriptions are expensive in these harsh economic times, especially for people who are not well off.
You can download ProShow Producer 9 FREE which includes my registration activation bypassing the NO LONGER IN EXISTENCE Photodex activation servers.
I also have all the styles and packs and extras which are all FREE to download.
I also have slide styles and shows I give away for FREE on my ProShow Producer support group.
https://www.facebook.com/groups/338829398351892
My website is password protected to stop unscrupulous sites hot linking to my files.
I change the password regularly and include that in my group where I also give FREE slide styles and shows as well.
The login is Username: pigletpete Password: pigletpete
Link: https://reefanddixie.com/proshow/index.html
Photodex actually built into the software that uploading to the social media sites within the software go through Photodex then on to the social media platform.
You need to publish your show to a video file (majority of sites accept .mp4).
Also, using ProShow Producer creates quite a few temporary files on the Windows system which need to be cleared out regularly, otherwise ProShow Producer has a tendency to do "funny" things.
Kind regards

Previous

Return to PSP - General Discussion