The end of the adventure !

Discuss anything ProShow Producer related

The end of the adventure !

Postby Jeep » Mon Jan 06, 2020 11:42 pm

All is written here ! http://www.photodex.com/shutdown.html

Jean-Pierre
Jean-Pierre

My blog
Processor: Intel Quad core 2.33 Ghz - RAM: 4 Gb - Windows 8.1 64 bits - Video: Nvidia 720GT 2 Gb- Camera : Canon 5D Mark II + 24-105 + 100-400 - Sharing : jean_pierre

Re: The end of the adventure !

Postby furilla » Tue Jan 07, 2020 6:47 am

See my post re: an alternative to PSP.

viewtopic.php?f=10&t=24392&start=15

Postby folkroots » Tue Jan 07, 2020 9:13 am

Jeep thanks for posting this link. I have been waiting for this. It is good news that you can reinstall the program in the future and it will be activated as long as you have the key. One concern I have is about the music library. It mentions that you will no longer have access to the music library after Jan. 31. Is it possible to download the music files for use in a future show before Jan. 31st? Thanks.

Keith

Postby Jeep » Tue Jan 07, 2020 9:38 am

You may do it but no more 6 titles at a time and if there are too many, the downloads seem not to be running ! It's a question of patience.
Jean-Pierre

My blog
Processor: Intel Quad core 2.33 Ghz - RAM: 4 Gb - Windows 8.1 64 bits - Video: Nvidia 720GT 2 Gb- Camera : Canon 5D Mark II + 24-105 + 100-400 - Sharing : jean_pierre

Postby folkroots » Tue Jan 07, 2020 12:03 pm

Thanks Jean-Pierre. I will try to download some tracks and see how it goes.

Keith

Postby folkroots » Tue Jan 07, 2020 12:17 pm

Any idea where the downloaded music is stored and what file ext. it has?

Keith

Esteemed Member

Postby Marie78 » Tue Jan 07, 2020 2:02 pm

Hello

C:\ProgramData\Photodex\ProShow\MusicLibrary\tracks

.psa files

Will not work long after Phtodex website closure...
Chris Marie

Postby heckydog » Tue Jan 07, 2020 3:59 pm

I wouldn't worry that much about the Proshow music options. There's a fellow, Eric Matyas, that offers hundreds, if not thousands, of royalty free music options. Plus, there are plenty of other free options for music that you can use in any software because they won't be limited to just ProShow shows. Check out Incompetech.com.

Postby fivedollar » Tue Jan 07, 2020 6:03 pm

Jeep wrote:You may do it but no more 6 titles at a time and if there are too many, the downloads seem not to be running ! It's a question of patience.

I can only download up to 3 tracks at a time. You need to finish the current download, then you can start download another 3 tracks.

Postby hcajones » Tue Jan 07, 2020 10:18 pm

I am given to understand that Proshow Producer users will find Photopia to be very similar. In other words, if you know Proshow, the learning curve for Photopia should be a lot less steep.

I would be very glad to hear from anyone who has moved from Proshow to Photopia. I will experiment with the trial version of Photopia, but I am very interested in how others feel about the transition, once they've tried it.

Thanks.

Postby Jeep » Wed Jan 08, 2020 1:06 am

hcajones wrote:I am given to understand that Proshow Producer users will find Photopia to be very similar. In other words, if you know Proshow, the learning curve for Photopia should be a lot less steep.

I would be very glad to hear from anyone who has moved from Proshow to Photopia. I will experiment with the trial version of Photopia, but I am very interested in how others feel about the transition, once they've tried it.

Thanks.

The best is to try by yourself importing shows you have made in ProShow as to see the compatibility. For me it was a disaster while I tried several shows without any effects or styles, many b ugs and incompatibilities.
Secondly, I hate programs sold by subscriptions, when you stop paying, you loose the program and cannot reopen shows unless to pay again !
Jean-Pierre

My blog

Postby fivedollar » Wed Jan 08, 2020 5:36 am

folkroots wrote:Jeep thanks for posting this link. I have been waiting for this. It is good news that you can reinstall the program in the future and it will be activated as long as you have the key. One concern I have is about the music library. It mentions that you will no longer have access to the music library after Jan. 31. Is it possible to download the music files for use in a future show before Jan. 31st? Thanks.

Keith

I've tried the following tricks, and it works:

1. Download the music files you want to use from the Music Library
2. Disconnect the Internet by unplugging the network cable, or disabling the Wi-Fi connection.
3. In the slideshow, select the previous "downloaded" music title(s) from the Music Library. The title(s) can be inserted to the slideshow.

If you select another music titles that were not downloaded before, then they're not available.

In other words, if you have downloaded the titles to your computer, then it should work as normal.

Please try.

Enjoy Proshow!

Esteemed Member

Postby Marie78 » Wed Jan 08, 2020 8:06 am

HI

I do not think so !

Try to reopen an old show where yo used a music from the library and you can't go on without verifying licence...
Chris Marie

Postby folkroots » Thu Jan 09, 2020 6:52 am

Hi,

Apparently all past shows created with music from the library will no longer be royalty-free after January 31st. Photodex was licensing the music not you. So, when they close on Jan. 31st that license expires. Who knows what will happen to all those shows that are shared online in the public. Youtube, Facebook, etc. Also, how about all those shows created for business. Wedding shows for instance. Clients will not be too happy when all of a sudden their beautiful wedding videos are being taken down or adds are being placed on them where ever they share them because of the music in them.

Keith

Postby fivedollar » Thu Jan 09, 2020 7:33 am

Marie78 wrote:HI

I do not think so !

Try to reopen an old show where yo used a music from the library and you can't go on without verifying licence...

I'm using the latest PS9, i.e. 9.0.3797, it doesn't verify the licence when I reopen an old show. It works as normal when I unplugged the network cable.

Next

Return to PSP - General Discussion