PSP Discount Code for final upgrade

Discuss anything ProShow Producer related

PSP Discount Code for final upgrade

Postby magwheels » Fri Jan 17, 2020 11:04 am

Anyone know of a code before I pull the trigger? I just spent 2 hours on Photopia and just called it quits. Just the cropping alone was cumbersome. Am I crazy to download the final update? BTW I am running PSP 7.0 version.

Esteemed Member

Re: PSP Discount Code for final upgrade

Postby thoutmosis » Sat Jan 18, 2020 8:51 am

Stay on PSP 7.0, as long as it works!
As long as there are bugs on Photopia, wait!

Postby magwheels » Mon Jan 20, 2020 8:26 am

If my 7.0 starts bugging out - will i be able to upgrade after Jan 2020 or are they removing the download forever? I'm surprised they still have that price point on the upgrade with no discount code.

Postby folkroots » Wed Jan 22, 2020 7:11 am

I agree. No Discount for no support and no music library after January 31st. I have not liked the way Photodex have handled the company shutdown.

Keith

Esteemed Member

Postby Marie78 » Wed Jan 22, 2020 7:31 am

Hi

Yes a discount code could have been nice...

"the way Photodex have handled the company shutdown" is not worst than the way Microsoft and other big companies stop some softwares when updating.

Example Windows mail, Microsoft Windows Movie Maker...

I had a complete Adobe bubdle but could not uninstall it to transfer it to another PC because Adobe server does not keep information older than a few years.

Those we used Picassa to create albums have also lost things...

Here the company is closing for financial reason, which is the case of Microsoft, Adobe, Google

I am sad for Photodex and hope to be able to use my software a few years more...
Chris Marie

Site Admin

Postby MG - Admin » Wed Jan 22, 2020 6:46 pm

The discounts offered in the following link should still work from what I've been told.

viewtopic.php?f=8&t=22006

Mike

Postby OttLM8 » Mon Jan 27, 2020 8:50 pm

I tried the code I received from this site and sadly it did not work.

Postby CindyE » Tue Feb 11, 2020 4:18 pm

I wonder how long we can still use the Music Library? I downloaded some music this afternoon, so apparently the server is still up at this date. I'm assuming we can still use the music being paid PSP users? Not sure how licensing works in this case. I buy graphics occasionally from a design site where they give you a license to use graphics on their site as a registered user. Myself, I only make shows for personal use (family, friends), nothing commercial.

Postby DixieReid » Mon May 30, 2022 6:01 pm

magwheels wrote:Anyone know of a code before I pull the trigger? I just spent 2 hours on Photopia and just called it quits. Just the cropping alone was cumbersome. Am I crazy to download the final update? BTW I am running PSP 7.0 version.

You can download ProShow Producer 9 FREE which includes my registration activation bypassing the NO LONGER IN EXISTENCE Photodex activation servers.
I also have all the styles and packs and extras which are all FREE to download.
I also have slide styles and shows I give away for FREE on my ProShow Producer support group.
https://www.facebook.com/groups/338829398351892
My website is password protected to stop unscrupulous sites hot linking to my files.
I change the password regularly and include that in my group where I also give FREE slide styles and shows as well.
The login is Username: pigletpete Password: pigletpete
Link: https://reefanddixie.com/proshow/index.html
Photodex actually built into the software that uploading to the social media sites within the software go through Photodex then on to the social media platform.
You need to publish your show to a video file (majority of sites accept .mp4).
Also, using ProShow Producer creates quite a few temporary files on the Windows system which need to be cleared out regularly, otherwise ProShow Producer has a tendency to do "funny" things.
Kind regards

thoutmosis wrote:Stay on PSP 7.0, as long as it works!
As long as there are bugs on Photopia, wait!

You can download ProShow Producer 9 FREE which includes my registration activation bypassing the NO LONGER IN EXISTENCE Photodex activation servers.
I also have slide styles and shows I give away for FREE on my ProShow Producer support group.
My website is password protected to stop unscrupulous sites hot linking to my files.
I change the password regularly and include that in my group where I also give FREE slide styles and shows as well.
Photodex actually built into the software that uploading to the social media sites within the software go through Photodex then on to the social media platform.
Also, using ProShow Producer creates quite a few temporary files on the Windows system which need to be cleared out regularly, otherwise ProShow Producer has a tendency to do "funny" things.
Kind regards

folkroots wrote:I agree. No Discount for no support and no music library after January 31st. I have not liked the way Photodex have handled the company shutdown.

Keith

Kind regards

Postby DixieReid » Mon May 30, 2022 6:02 pm

Marie78 wrote:Hi

Yes a discount code could have been nice...

"the way Photodex have handled the company shutdown" is not worst than the way Microsoft and other big companies stop some softwares when updating.

Example Windows mail, Microsoft Windows Movie Maker...

I had a complete Adobe bubdle but could not uninstall it to transfer it to another PC because Adobe server does not keep information older than a few years.

Those we used Picassa to create albums have also lost things...

Here the company is closing for financial reason, which is the case of Microsoft, Adobe, Google

I am sad for Photodex and hope to be able to use my software a few years more...

Kind regards

Postby DixieReid » Mon May 30, 2022 6:02 pm

CindyE wrote:I wonder how long we can still use the Music Library? I downloaded some music this afternoon, so apparently the server is still up at this date. I'm assuming we can still use the music being paid PSP users? Not sure how licensing works in this case. I buy graphics occasionally from a design site where they give you a license to use graphics on their site as a registered user. Myself, I only make shows for personal use (family, friends), nothing commercial.

Kind regards

Return to PSP - General Discussion