Replacement Software Since PhotoDex Defunct?

Discuss anything ProShow Producer related

Replacement Software Since PhotoDex Defunct?

Postby bmccollum » Mon Jul 06, 2020 10:18 am

I'm having the same issues several have explained where I can open Proshow Producer and create whatever I'd like, but when I go to compile it either into a video file or try to create a Bluray image or similar, it tells me that it's downloading info. from the Internet and it hangs and never starts the requested file creation task.

If we're apparently just left high and dry with Photodex going under, does anyone out there have any recommendations for replacement slideshow creation software that's similar in functionality and capabilities?

Thanks.

Re: Replacement Software Since PhotoDex Defunct?

Postby mrdcambs » Tue Jul 07, 2020 2:16 am

Other Users with this problem have apparently disconnected from the internet before creating videos etc., and this has
solved the problem. I haven't actually experienced it myself.

Regards - Mike - UK

Postby furilla » Tue Jul 07, 2020 4:58 am

Hi Folks, I have been an avid user of Proshow Producer. I feel it has been one of the best software products I have had the pleasure to use. The functionality coupled with the ease of use is second to none. I figured it would ultimately fail since there is no more support for the product so I decided to bite the bullet and move over to PTE AV Studio 10 by WnSoft. I started out with the usual dislike because it was new. However, after working with it for a while I am getting pretty comfortable with the product and I can see it filling the Proshow void very nicely. There are a few things that I miss but overall this is a great product. It will just take a small learning curve to get used to a new look and feel. I highly recommend this as a replacement for Proshow Producer and Gold. If you give it a little time I think you will feel the same way.

Ed

Postby bmccollum » Tue Jul 07, 2020 7:00 am

Thanks for the suggestion regarding disconnection from the Internet. I'll try that later today.

Postby stranger2156 » Wed Jul 08, 2020 11:47 pm

bmccollum wrote:... does anyone out there have any recommendations for replacement slideshow creation software that's similar in functionality and capabilities?

For more than ten years, my forum has grown and developed along with ProShow Producer, but, unfortunately, this process was interrupted. The first look at the alternative was cast right in the direction of the "successor", but, alas, after some testing and studying the concepts of the "new company", I had to abandon this direction. And all attention was switched to PTE AV Studio Pro (PicturesThoExe former name) by VnSoft. As mentioned above, it will take time to get used to the new program. But this is a very short time, if you have certain skills in working with the same ProShow Producer. The possibilities of PTE AV Studio Pro are very extensive, as you can see on the examples of presentations by the program masters at the official forum (there are also video tutorials there). See one of the results of studying the program after 4 months - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IgeeyGHJsPw

Valued Member

Postby Tonel » Sun Jul 19, 2020 1:48 am

Photodex may be defunct but ProShow isn't. I intend to continue using it for as long as i can. I've tried other software and ways of creating slideshows but ProShow still rules as far as I'm concerned.

Yesterday I decided to try another piece of software - SmartSHOW 3D. I haven't had much time to check it out yet but I'm amazed at what you get for the price, particularly as it's on sale (Deluxe version $59.50/£47.88) until 31 July.

Having made lots of slideshows, mainly with PSD, I recommend taking a look at SmartSHOW. There's a free trial download if you fancy giving it a go first. It's too good to miss at this price.

Check it out at https://smartshow-software.com

I have no connection with the company.

Tony
Self build Xeon W3690, 12GB RAM, C=250GB 850EVO SSD, Asus 2GB GTX960, Win10H 64bit, PSP9
iMac 27" Retina 5K i5, 24GB RAM, Radeon M295X 4GB, Bootcamp Win10H 64bit

Postby silverfox » Sun Dec 27, 2020 4:34 pm

Postby DixieReid » Mon May 30, 2022 4:41 pm

furilla wrote:Hi Folks, I have been an avid user of Proshow Producer. I feel it has been one of the best software products I have had the pleasure to use. The functionality coupled with the ease of use is second to none. I figured it would ultimately fail since there is no more support for the product so I decided to bite the bullet and move over to PTE AV Studio 10 by WnSoft. I started out with the usual dislike because it was new. However, after working with it for a while I am getting pretty comfortable with the product and I can see it filling the Proshow void very nicely. There are a few things that I miss but overall this is a great product. It will just take a small learning curve to get used to a new look and feel. I highly recommend this as a replacement for Proshow Producer and Gold. If you give it a little time I think you will feel the same way.

Ed

Photodex actually built into the software that uploading to the social media sites within the software go through Photodex then on to the social media platform.
You need to publish your show to a video file (majority of sites accept .mp4).
Also, using ProShow Producer creates quite a few temporary files on the Windows system which need to be cleared out regularly, otherwise ProShow Producer has a tendency to do "funny" things.
You can download ProShow Producer 9 which includes my registration activation bypassing the NO LONGER IN EXISTENCE Photodex activation servers.
I also have all the styles and packs and extras which are all FREE to download.
My website is password protected to stop unscrupulous sites hot linking to my files.
I change the password regularly and include that in my group where I also give FREE slide styles and shows as well.
The login is Username: pigletpete Password: pigletpete
Link: https://reefanddixie.com/proshow/index.html
Kind regards
Last edited by DixieReid on Mon May 30, 2022 5:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Postby DixieReid » Mon May 30, 2022 4:42 pm

Tonel wrote:Photodex may be defunct but ProShow isn't. I intend to continue using it for as long as i can. I've tried other software and ways of creating slideshows but ProShow still rules as far as I'm concerned.

Yesterday I decided to try another piece of software - SmartSHOW 3D. I haven't had much time to check it out yet but I'm amazed at what you get for the price, particularly as it's on sale (Deluxe version $59.50/£47.88) until 31 July.

Having made lots of slideshows, mainly with PSD, I recommend taking a look at SmartSHOW. There's a free trial download if you fancy giving it a go first. It's too good to miss at this price.

Tony

Photodex actually built into the software that uploading to the social media sites within the software go through Photodex then on to the social media platform.
You need to publish your show to a video file (majority of sites accept .mp4).
Also, using ProShow Producer creates quite a few temporary files on the Windows system which need to be cleared out regularly, otherwise ProShow Producer has a tendency to do "funny" things.
You can download ProShow Producer 9 which includes my registration activation bypassing the NO LONGER IN EXISTENCE Photodex activation servers.
My website is password protected to stop unscrupulous sites hot linking to my files.
I change the password regularly and include that in my group where I also give FREE slide styles and shows as well.
Kind regards
Last edited by DixieReid on Mon May 30, 2022 5:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Postby DixieReid » Mon May 30, 2022 5:15 pm

DixieReid wrote:
Tonel wrote:Photodex may be defunct but ProShow isn't. I intend to continue using it for as long as i can. I've tried other software and ways of creating slideshows but ProShow still rules as far as I'm concerned.

Tony

Oops! Typo... I mean publish your show.
You need to public your show to a video file (majority of sites accept .mp4).
Kind regards
mrdcambs wrote:Other Users with this problem have apparently disconnected from the internet before creating videos etc., and this has
solved the problem. I haven't actually experienced it myself.

Regards - Mike - UK

Postby DixieReid » Mon May 30, 2022 5:17 pm

DixieReid wrote:

Tony

Oops! I mean publish your show.
Kind regards
DixieReid wrote:

Tony

Kind regards
DixieReid wrote:
furilla wrote:Hi Folks, I have been an avid user of Proshow Producer. I feel it has been one of the best software products I have had the pleasure to use. The functionality coupled with the ease of use is second to none. I figured it would ultimately fail since there is no more support for the product so I decided to bite the bullet and move over to PTE AV Studio 10 by WnSoft. I started out with the usual dislike because it was new. However, after working with it for a while I am getting pretty comfortable with the product and I can see it filling the Proshow void very nicely. There are a few things that I miss but overall this is a great product. It will just take a small learning curve to get used to a new look and feel. I highly recommend this as a replacement for Proshow Producer and Gold. If you give it a little time I think you will feel the same way.

Ed

Oops! I mean publish your show.
Kind regards

Ed

Postby Anna J » Mon Jun 13, 2022 5:08 pm

silverfox wrote:We like this one:
https://smartshow-software.com

I tried the trial version and like it. The interface is very similar to Producer. And you can't beat the price, so I'll definitely be buying it.
Anna

Postby Riekelt » Fri Jun 24, 2022 10:41 am

Anna J wrote:
silverfox wrote:We like this one:
https://smartshow-software.com

I tried the trial version and like it. The interface is very similar to Producer. And you can't beat the price, so I'll definitely be buying it.

Great demo on the site Anna. If I hadn't bought so many PSP extras and the program didn't continue to work so well, I would also consider it.
I'm curious about the first forum visitor who wants to share a show with us here :) ( Anna ? )
Riekelt Koffeman

WIN10 PSP 9.0
MAC OSX Photoshop / Lightroom
Foto CANON 80D

Valued Member

Postby Tonel » Sat Jul 16, 2022 6:01 am

I recently found another slideshow software that is well worth trying out.

Wondershare Filmora https://filmora.wondershare.net/

It's available for Windows and Mac - there are a few differences between them. For example the Windows version has a slideshow wizard called Instant Mode - the Mac version doesn't have this. But a few differences aside they are the same.

Whilst it may lack some of what ProShow has, it has features beyond ProShow, e.g. Speech to Text.

I purchased the Individuals Perpetual plan £59 in May and have had two updates since.

There's a lot to it when you look under the hood. The free download is a Trial version that is complete but watermarks any output.

Filmora includes Templates, Themes, Stock Media, Audio, Titles, Transitions, Effects, Elements and Split Screen - there are free and pay for versions

Look here for plans, prices and FAQs https://filmora.wondershare.net/shop/buy/buy-filmora-win-idco.html

I have no association with the product.

Tony
Self build Xeon W3690, 12GB RAM, C=250GB 850EVO SSD, Asus 2GB GTX960, Win10H 64bit, PSP9
iMac 27" Retina 5K i5, 24GB RAM, Radeon M295X 4GB, Bootcamp Win10H 64bit

Valued Member

Postby john54 » Wed Jul 20, 2022 7:49 am

I fell in love with Proshow Producer and no other program exists for me. Even if it is not updated, you can still add to it new elements created in other programs such as Adobe After Effects, Animation Maker, Blufftitler, Explaindio or others. The sky is the limit.
Regards John :D

Return to PSP - General Discussion