Trouble Rendering Video

Discuss anything ProShow Producer related

Trouble Rendering Video

Postby SherryJB » Fri Jul 17, 2020 9:14 am

Using Producer 90_3797 in a Windows 10 environment.
I haven't produced a show since Photodex went out of business in January. I'm having a problem publishing a file after completing a show. When I go to the Publishing tab and choose Vimeo, YouTube, Publish for Web, etc. Producer producer says it needs to download file list from the web. Then is just locks up and never allows me to create the video. Is it trying to get info from Photodex? It just locks up for more than 20 minutes.

I have rebooted. I deleted the .phd and .cfg files.

I have four completed graduations shows and no way to render them.

Any suggestions?

Esteemed Member

Re: Trouble Rendering Vidéo

Postby quetzal » Fri Jul 17, 2020 11:45 am

Hi Sherry,jb,

Try to make a HD DVD for you and you can download it on Vimeo. Good Luck. quetzal

Re: Trouble Rendering Video

Postby SherryJB » Fri Jul 17, 2020 12:48 pm

I need to do a 1080p .mp4 for wide screen TV. DVD formats are less than half that. Needs to be read from a computer environment for projection.

The software says its trying to download something from Photodex but never completes the download.

Postby dsprincis » Sat Jul 18, 2020 1:18 am

I read on another site that you should disconnect your computer from the internet before you render your video. I have not tried this since I can render okay, but I don't have version 9.
Darlene

Postby ezwriter » Sat Jul 18, 2020 6:50 am

Had the same problem. Agree with dsprincis: Closing PSP, disconnecting from internet, re-opening PSP solved the problem.

Postby DixieReid » Mon May 30, 2022 4:29 pm

SherryJB wrote:Using Producer 90_3797 in a Windows 10 environment.
I haven't produced a show since Photodex went out of business in January. I'm having a problem publishing a file after completing a show. When I go to the Publishing tab and choose Vimeo, YouTube, Publish for Web, etc. Producer producer says it needs to download file list from the web. Then is just locks up and never allows me to create the video. Is it trying to get info from Photodex? It just locks up for more than 20 minutes.

I have rebooted. I deleted the .phd and .cfg files.

I have four completed graduations shows and no way to render them.

Any suggestions?

Photodex actually built into the software that uploading to the social media sites within the software go through Photodex then on to the social media platform.
You need to public your show to a video file (majority of sites accept .mp4).
You can download ProShow Producer 9 which includes my registration activation bypassing the NO LONGER IN EXISTENCE Photodex activation servers.
I also have all the styles and packs and extras which are all FREE to download.
My website is password protected to stop unscrupulous sites hot linking to my files.
I change the password regularly and include that in my group where I also give FREE slide styles and shows as well.
The login is Username: pigletpete Password: pigletpete
Link: https://reefanddixie.com/proshow/index.html
Kind regards

Postby DixieReid » Mon May 30, 2022 4:32 pm

dsprincis wrote:I read on another site that you should disconnect your computer from the internet before you render your video. I have not tried this since I can render okay, but I don't have version 9.
Darlene

Photodex actually built into the software that uploading to the social media sites within the software go through Photodex then on to the social media platform.
Also, using ProShow Producer creates quite a few temporary files on the Windows system which need to be cleared out regularly, otherwise ProShow Producer has a tendency to do "funny" things.
You can download ProShow Producer 9 which includes my registration activation bypassing the NO LONGER IN EXISTENCE Photodex activation servers.
My website is password protected to stop unscrupulous sites hot linking to my files.
I change the password regularly and include that in my group where I also give FREE slide styles and shows as well.
Kind regards

Postby DixieReid » Mon May 30, 2022 4:32 pm

ezwriter wrote:Had the same problem. Agree with dsprincis: Closing PSP, disconnecting from internet, re-opening PSP solved the problem.

Also, using ProShow Producer creates quite a few temporary files on the Windows system which need to be cleared out regularly, otherwise ProShow Producer has a tendency to do "funny" things.
Kind regards

Return to PSP - General Discussion