Illegal Copy?

Discuss anything ProShow Producer related

Illegal Copy?

Postby Eddie2001 » Fri Jul 31, 2020 9:26 pm

Hi All,

Earlier tonight after updating an older slide show I went to make an exe file and it completed in about 1 or 2 seconds (much faster than normal) and then when I went to play it back all I got was a large red rectangle saying it was an illegal copy! However in the upper left it shows the program registered to me.

Then I tried checking for updates and it said cannot reach the servers.

I see this has happened before account the servers were down for a while but then they were moved somewhere else and put back on line. But I assume they are now down again?? Anyone else have this problem - is this something new? Are we once again hosed by Photodex?

I really don't want to have to start hacking on the program like others did before, but if I have to I will. PTE doesn't work for me...I've tried it and was not impressed.

Thoughts??

Thanks!

Eddie

Re: Illegal Copy?

Postby Eddie2001 » Sat Aug 01, 2020 7:18 am

Update...apparently the servers are still off line (gone for good??) but I did get PSP working again by doing what others have done - replacing the 3 *.dnt files. I wasn't sure if they would work with my PSP v8 but they did, and now it thinks it is v9.

The only problem is that when making an exe show the 3 second ProShow Intro cannot be turned off. In the "Shows" option page the box is checked to include the intro, and it cannot be unchecked. I don't care for that intro, but it is a minor problem.

Also, when opening a show it says that it is an older version and it takes quite a while to load. Again, not a big issue...at least I can again make my exe slide shows!

Eddie

Postby Marc NY » Tue Oct 13, 2020 11:16 am

HI, I just got the same dreaded warning and now I cannot publish any shows? Is there anything I can do to get it to produce a final show? I have been working on a wedding slideshow for my friend and I can only pray that it will be working again soon. :O(

Could someone walk me through the process of deleting and installing the download files?

Thanks in advance for any help.

Marc

Postby Riekelt » Thu Oct 15, 2020 3:31 am

You need a real clean start Marc !

New install is not difficult if you have the original programs and the serials.

Take a look at the tips of Cherub ( she is very good in solving problems :) )

See the discussion at http://www.proshowenthusiasts.com/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=24368&p=179264#p179194
and http://www.proshowenthusiasts.com/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=24477#p179812

succes !
Riekelt Koffeman

WIN10 PSP 9.0
MAC OSX Photoshop / Lightroom
Foto CANON 80D

Postby Marc NY » Mon Oct 19, 2020 8:47 am

Thanks Riekeit,

I found my Photodex email (from June 27, 2018) with my Registration Key in it. I went to see if I could even try to download the program from the link provided in the email but of course I wasn't able to download the file for the link is not valid anymore. I wish I was a lot better at this so I could try to figure this all out. OK, how would I get the program to try and re-install it again and to be able to renter my Registration Key? I don't believe I ever received a package with the physical software in it. How do I proceed without the software? Or... should I try to delete the 3 files mentioned before and then try to reinstall the 3 files that I downloaded last week?

UPDATE: I found some links on the web for Photodex software. Should I even dare to try to download any of these files from their links to use my registration key on?

Thanks for trying to help me through this mess.

Postby Riekelt » Mon Oct 19, 2020 11:50 am

Hello Marc,

dont try software you found on the dark dungeons of the internet

Mike ( administrator this site )
http://www.proshowenthusiasts.com/memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&u=2

put his 4 5 6 7 8 and 9 PSP release copy on his drive
here is the forum adres http://www.proshowenthusiasts.com/viewtopic.php?f=44&t=24436#p179606

This is a copy you can trust.

Good luck an let us now if tou manage

Riekelt
Riekelt Koffeman

WIN10 PSP 9.0
Foto CANON 80D

Postby Marc NY » Mon Oct 19, 2020 12:34 pm

Hi Riekeit,

I will have to uninstall my version soon. I just want to make sure I don't make a mistake with this. If I uninstall the main program only I don't have to reinstall the transition packs etc correct?

Thank you once again for being so patient with all my questions and for trying to help me out.

All the Best,

Marc

Postby Riekelt » Tue Oct 20, 2020 3:00 am

Correct Marc,

Only it doesn't hurt to start all over again and remove ALL PSP leftovers from windows.
I have done this several times e.g. on a new computer or when reinstalling Windows etc.
So if you still have all the packs install files and you have the correct registration numbers then I would
recommend doing a really clean boot. You will see that your program is improving.

On this PS.E. forum you can read various discussions about reinstalling your program.
There where problems but it seems that the Photodex register server is still on-line
and even if you can not register (anymore), there are possibilities to get around this.

Go for it :)

Riekelt
Riekelt Koffeman

WIN10 PSP 9.0
Foto CANON 80D

Postby Marc NY » Tue Oct 20, 2020 8:23 am

Riekeit,

I am thinking of trying to replace the 3 files first to see if that works. If that doesn't work then I will then reinstall the Version 9 program and use my registration key#.

Thanks once again for all your help! :)

Postby Marc NY » Tue Nov 03, 2020 9:05 am

Hi Riekeit,

I just wanted to let you know and others that that my "illegal Copy" issue was resolved by renaming the 3 files and then copying and pasting in the new downloaded versions of the 3 files which worked out great! :mrgreen:

Postby Riekelt » Wed Nov 04, 2020 3:19 am

Marc NY wrote:Hi Riekeit,

I just wanted to let you know and others that that my "illegal Copy" issue was resolved by renaming the 3 files and then copying and pasting in the new downloaded versions of the 3 files which worked out great! :mrgreen:

Very nice to hear this. Good luck with all the shows you are going to make!
Hope to read again soon!

greetings
Riekelt Koffeman

WIN10 PSP 9.0
Foto CANON 80D

Postby DixieReid » Mon May 30, 2022 4:38 pm

Eddie2001 wrote:Update...apparently the servers are still off line (gone for good??) but I did get PSP working again by doing what others have done - replacing the 3 *.dnt files. I wasn't sure if they would work with my PSP v8 but they did, and now it thinks it is v9.

The only problem is that when making an exe show the 3 second ProShow Intro cannot be turned off. In the "Shows" option page the box is checked to include the intro, and it cannot be unchecked. I don't care for that intro, but it is a minor problem.

Also, when opening a show it says that it is an older version and it takes quite a while to load. Again, not a big issue...at least I can again make my exe slide shows!

Eddie

Photodex actually built into the software that uploading to the social media sites within the software go through Photodex then on to the social media platform.
You need to publish your show to a video file (majority of sites accept .mp4).
Also, using ProShow Producer creates quite a few temporary files on the Windows system which need to be cleared out regularly, otherwise ProShow Producer has a tendency to do "funny" things.
You can download ProShow Producer 9 which includes my registration activation bypassing the NO LONGER IN EXISTENCE Photodex activation servers.
I also have all the styles and packs and extras which are all FREE to download.
My website is password protected to stop unscrupulous sites hot linking to my files.
I change the password regularly and include that in my group where I also give FREE slide styles and shows as well.
The login is Username: pigletpete Password: pigletpete
Link: https://reefanddixie.com/proshow/index.html
Kind regards
Last edited by DixieReid on Mon May 30, 2022 5:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Postby DixieReid » Mon May 30, 2022 5:55 pm

DixieReid wrote:
Eddie2001 wrote:Update...apparently the servers are still off line (gone for good??) but I did get PSP working again by doing what others have done - replacing the 3 *.dnt files. I wasn't sure if they would work with my PSP v8 but they did, and now it thinks it is v9.

Eddie

Oops! I mean publish your show...
Photodex actually built into the software that uploading to the social media sites within the software go through Photodex then on to the social media platform.
You need to public your show to a video file (majority of sites accept .mp4).
Also, using ProShow Producer creates quite a few temporary files on the Windows system which need to be cleared out regularly, otherwise ProShow Producer has a tendency to do "funny" things.
You can download ProShow Producer 9 which includes my registration activation bypassing the NO LONGER IN EXISTENCE Photodex activation servers.
My website is password protected to stop unscrupulous sites hot linking to my files.
I change the password regularly and include that in my group where I also give FREE slide styles and shows as well.
Kind regards

Eddie

Postby DixieReid » Mon May 30, 2022 5:55 pm

DixieReid wrote:

Eddie

Kind regards
DixieReid wrote:

Eddie

Kind regards

Eddie

Return to PSP - General Discussion