Discuss anything ProShow Producer related

the social dilemma

Postby Riekelt » Thu Oct 15, 2020 3:05 am

I just watched the documentary on Netfilx "The Social Dilemma"

https://www.thesocialdilemma.com/

trailer : https://youtu.be/uaaC57tcci0

It is about :

The problem beneath all other problems
Technology’s promise to keep us connected has given rise to a host of unintended consequences that are catching up with us.
If we can’t address our broken information ecosystem, we’ll never be able to address the challenges that plague humanity.

... wauw...

For me, I like to take photo's and try to make a nice PSP slideshow, but from beginning I have always had trouble sharing my PSP movies on the big social media.
This documentary makes me even more aware that you ( can ) become a tiny-small part of a very big global problem unnoticed.
addiction to internet and the social media with its big companys als youtube, facebook, twitter etc. etc.

I think it is worth taking a look at this documantary and to see for yourself where you stand in the BIG world of technology
and his what looks like and its addictive social networks.
I thought it is good to share it here too, even though I think we are all happily trying to make some time
to let our creativity grow and flourish in PSP slideshows. ( with or without likes ..)

What is your oppinion as a hobby media maker ?

thanxs

greetings from Holland
(where telephones also solve all world problems ..... )
Riekelt Koffeman

WIN10 PSP 9.0
MAC OSX Photoshop / Lightroom
Foto CANON 80D

Re: the social dilemma

Postby Marc NY » Tue Oct 20, 2020 12:12 pm

Great post Riekeit... I will like to try to watch this if I can... unfortunately I don't have Netflex.

It makes you wonder how many people are actually influenced by all the FAKE NEWS!! out there!

Re: the social dilemma

Postby heckydog » Tue Oct 20, 2020 2:45 pm

Two of the scariest words I know are "unintended consequences".

People can have the best of intentions but no one can ever predict the unintended consequences of their actions. We are on a slippery slope right now.

Return to PSP - General Discussion