Free music offered by YouTube

Post links to music sources and discuss music choices for shows
Esteemed Member

Free music offered by YouTube

Postby Aida » Wed Sep 25, 2013 9:23 am

Hi everybody,
In case you haven't visited the PHOTODEX Blog today, here's an article by Amanda:

:arrow: ***** YouTube Launches Free Music Library for Video Creators *****

YouTube has launched a new YouTube Audio Library today. Any YouTube creator now has access to more than 150 royalty-free instrumental tracks you can use for free, forever, for any creative purpose (not just YouTube videos).

-aida
PS: The link to the PHOTODEX Blog:
http://www.slideshowblog.com/
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Though we travel the world over to find the beautiful, we must
carry it with us or we find it not." -- Ralph Waldo Emerson

Re: Free music offered by YouTube

Postby debngar » Wed Sep 25, 2013 9:56 am

I was surprised to see that in the Terms Of Use, YT actually seems to allow some amount of commercial use but there are conditions. Many "free" offers do not allow to commercial use of music in general.

It's always good to check the terms of use to assure the use of the music falls in line with those terms.

See #4 for the specifics on commercial use. I'm a bit puzzled with the wording related to advertising, etc. But then I probably won't be using any of this music with my videos, at least not at this point.

http://www.youtube.com/t/terms

Thanks for sharing that Aida.
Debbie
Photography http://deborah-green.com

Postby BarbaraC » Fri Sep 27, 2013 8:05 am

I was surprised that there are no attributions, and so I went into the musicians' forum I belong to, asking them to take a look. Everyone who responded was upset when they saw the lack of attribution, saying they'd never submit any of their music. One person, however, decided to see what the contract with Google entails because the contract seems nonexistent. He's submitting something he doesn't really care much about just so he can see the contract or if a contract even exists.

It would be a shame if the above things aren't fixed since it won't attract a large number of musicians.

Barbara
The Frame Locker - styles, transitions, frames, backgrounds, & more.
Subscribe to Frame Locker News for alerts to new products.
How-to's: ProShowThink

Postby debngar » Fri Sep 27, 2013 8:45 am

BarbaraC wrote:I was surprised that there are no attributions, and so I went into the musicians' forum I belong to, asking them to take a look. Everyone who responded was upset when they saw the lack of attribution, saying they'd never submit any of their music. One person, however, decided to see what the contract with Google entails because the contract seems nonexistent. He's submitting something he doesn't really care much about just so he can see the contract or if a contract even exists.

It would be a shame if the above things aren't fixed since it won't attract a large number of musicians.

Barbara

I wouldn't blame musicians if they weren't attracted to the deal to share their music if it works that way. If it doesn't attract many musicians as result, the choice of music will likely be on the thin side. They deserve to be paid for the use of their work too, like anyone else providing content for this purpose. :)
Debbie
Photography http://deborah-green.com

Postby BarbaraC » Fri Sep 27, 2013 9:03 am

debngar wrote:I wouldn't blame musicians if they weren't attracted to the deal to share their music if it works that way. If it doesn't attract many musicians as result, the choice of music will likely be on the thin side. They deserve to be paid for the use of their work too, like anyone else providing content for this purpose. :)

The "tester" hasn't gotten a response as yet, so my final opinion is currently sitting on hold. :|
The Frame Locker - styles, transitions, frames, backgrounds, & more.
Subscribe to Frame Locker News for alerts to new products.
How-to's: ProShowThink

Return to Music Discussion