Parallax effect

Post a link to your templates that you'd like to share with other ProShow Producer users

Parallax effect

Postby fivedollar » Mon Jan 20, 2020 5:42 am

Hi All Gurus

Can anyone show me how to do a simple parallax effect by using Proshow Producer? I'm going to use 2 photos, Photo1 is a transparent PNG file, and other photo, Photo2 as a background.

The expected effect as:
Photo1 is zooming in from far away
Photo2 is panning from one direction to the other, e.g. from right to left, etc.

similar to the following show in Final Cut Pro
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GeRlNKt5jBY

Million thanks :D :D :D

Re: Parallax effect

Postby cherub » Mon Jan 20, 2020 3:54 pm

The tutorial that you posted for FinalCut is pretty self explanatory for ProShow too.
It's good that you saved your main image as a transparent png, while the background can be anything, preferably jpg.
I suggest that you try first to duplicate the effect that he's showing, and see how it goes for you.
You need to do exactly what he says, just use the first and last keyframes in ProShow.
Insert exactly the same values for zoom and blur that he's giving you.
When you understand what the keyframes do for ProShow, then you can start with the Pan values to move from right to left.
Just bear in mind that the background moves slower than the main focus of your picture.

Postby fivedollar » Mon Jan 20, 2020 5:42 pm

cherub wrote:The tutorial that you posted for FinalCut is pretty self explanatory for ProShow too.
It's good that you saved your main image as a transparent png, while the background can be anything, preferably jpg.
I suggest that you try first to duplicate the effect that he's showing, and see how it goes for you.
You need to do exactly what he says, just use the first and last keyframes in ProShow.
When you understand what the keyframes do for ProShow, then you can start with the Pan values to move from right to left.
Just bear in mind that the background moves slower than the main focus of your picture.

:D :D Thanks a lot! Let me try, but I still have a long way to learn. :idea:

Postby fivedollar » Tue Jan 21, 2020 7:08 pm

fivedollar wrote:
cherub wrote:The tutorial that you posted for FinalCut is pretty self explanatory for ProShow too.

:D :D Thanks a lot! Let me try, but I still have a long way to learn. :idea:

It works for me! :D :D :D :D :D

Postby cherub » Tue Jan 21, 2020 10:38 pm

LIKE :D

Return to PSP - Slide Styles & Templates