I downloaded some templates but

Post a link to your templates that you'd like to share with other ProShow Producer users
hazyseptember

I downloaded some templates but

Postby hazyseptember » Sun Nov 11, 2007 4:08 pm

now I don't know which one does what. Can I watch them some how first? And how do I use them in a show that I already have photos in? Do I add the template first, then the pictures to it? I'm new to this and I know these are dumb questions. I really loved working with PSG but I know I did not use it fully and I want to get the most out of PSP.
thanks in advance
D'Ann

Postby BarbaraC » Sun Nov 11, 2007 5:28 pm

I guess you learned your first lesson: organize! Whenever possible and no matter what it is you're downloading, put it into a new folder with a descriptive name or, if it's something you can rename, then do so. But that's all good and well for the future and not so very helpful right now, is it?

The method is to open the template and then add pictures to it. You can't really watch it very well without pictures because it's essentially empty. Start out by bringing up slide options for the first slide, right click on each of the layers, and choose a picture to go in each of the those layers. Watch the slide. Hopefully, it'll bring back to you why you downloaded it in the first place. :D

Basically, a template has all the instructions for what to do with the pictures once you add them. Add pictures and stir. It isn't necessarily as simple as that, but it's a start. If you screw it up royally, just don't save it.

You'll do fine.

Barbara

Postby gpsmikey » Sun Nov 11, 2007 5:39 pm

Thanks Barbara - you just reminded me of another "I want in the next
release" thingie -- (it may be there already). I would like the ability to
add comments to the psh or template file. Not fancy, but it would be
very nice to be able to add a couple of lines of comments to the file
(and very easy to implement) about how to use it etc. Same for the
template files.

mikey
You can't have too many gadgets or too much disk space !!
mikey (PSP6, Photoshop CS6, Vegas Pro 14, Acid 7, BluffTitler, Nikon D300s, D810)
Lots of PIC and Arduino microprocessor stuff too !!

Postby BarbaraC » Sun Nov 11, 2007 5:45 pm

Mikey,

Will add.

Barbara

hazyseptember

Postby hazyseptember » Sun Nov 11, 2007 6:55 pm

Okay, so I open the template while in PSP? But I add the photos to the same file that I put the template in? I understand to put the photos and the template in the same file to keep it organized.
I downloaded a template into PSP, then it said no photos found. Of course, since it was someone elses template. I can add the photos there, right?
There are just little things that I still need to learn with PSP. I'm not the most computer literate person so it takes a while to get it in my head and understand it.
I just need to keep playing I guess.
Thanks,
D'Ann

BarbaraC wrote:I guess you learned your first lesson: organize! Whenever possible and no matter what it is you're downloading, put it into a new folder with a descriptive name or, if it's something you can rename, then do so. But that's all good and well for the future and not so very helpful right now, is it?

The method is to open the template and then add pictures to it. You can't really watch it very well without pictures because it's essentially empty. Start out by bringing up slide options for the first slide, right click on each of the layers, and choose a picture to go in each of the those layers. Watch the slide. Hopefully, it'll bring back to you why you downloaded it in the first place. :D

Basically, a template has all the instructions for what to do with the pictures once you add them. Add pictures and stir. It isn't necessarily as simple as that, but it's a start. If you screw it up royally, just don't save it.

You'll do fine.

Barbara

guyfromoz

Postby guyfromoz » Sun Nov 11, 2007 8:18 pm

Hi

I hope I can help as I am also going through the
learning stages but am beginning to conquer PSP

Firstly, while in PSP click on "Show" and in the
drop menu click on "show Templates' then
"Open Template" then select the template you want to use.

You should now have the template slide showing in the
slide bar.(if you get a message saying Files Missing"
do you wish to search for files"click NO)

Double click on the first slide,then go to "Layers"

Here you should see a list called "Contents of Slide"

This will show you a list of the slides inside that slide,
click on and highlight the first one and over to the right
you will see "Select File". click on this and then select
from your own folders the image you wish to use, this will
place the image in the highlighted position, repeat till
all images spaces have been filled.Click done, you should now
have images inside your first slide.

Repeat in all slides, your show should now have the template
with images inserted and ready to play.

Hope my explanation helps, I am not very good at putting
instructions to word..

Good luck and maybe someone else can explain in simpler terms

Guyfromoz

Postby BarbaraC » Mon Nov 12, 2007 11:15 am

D'ann, the explanation from Guyfromoz is totally clear to me, but don't be afraid to keep hammering away at everyone for answers. What looks obvious to someone who's been playing with the program for a while isn't necessarily as obvious to someone newer at the game. If you want to see some really stupid stuff, just wait. I'll come up with something really dumb to either do or ask. Believe me. There are those here who might willingly verify this, though I hope they keep their mouths shut.

Barbara

hazyseptember

Postby hazyseptember » Sun Dec 23, 2007 10:07 pm

thanks guyfromoz, that is very clear and I have been doing that. whew, it is a long process it seems when the template I created has 18 slides and 9 photos on each slide. Am I making this too complicated?

Return to PSP - Slide Styles & Templates