Page Peel/Curl Transition

Post your tips & tricks here for creating slide shows with ProShow Producer. This could include suggestions for style and content in addition to working with the software itself
Esteemed Member

Page Peel/Curl Transition

Postby des.tom » Sun Nov 29, 2020 5:31 am

I'm a keen user of Book styles in Producer and have probably tried/used
most if not all examples available from third party suppliers. I've been
trying to create a book in which the covers turn as a hard back book while
the pages peel/curl open. If I use a page peel/curl transition between the slides the
edges of the inside of the back cover also turns with each page and unfortunately as
page peel/curl transitions are not part of Producer's inbuilt set of transitions they
can't be used inside a slide. In Framelocker's Photo Album set Barbara mentioned that her
set of Page Peels were based on Photodex's Page Peel-left but as I can't see it in the
built-in set I imagine it must be in one of their packs.

I hope that describes clearly what I'm trying to do.

I suspect that as no one has, to my knowledge, achieved this I am
hoping for too much from Producer but someone with more experience and
expertise with the program might know of a way of creating the page peel/curl
effect other than by using a transition???? Here's hoping!

Des

Re: Page Peel/Curl Transition

Postby heckydog » Fri Dec 04, 2020 6:04 am

des.tom wrote:. . . . . .

I suspect that as no one has, to my knowledge, achieved this I am
hoping for too much from Producer but someone with more experience and
expertise with the program might know of a way of creating the page peel/curl
effect other than by using a transition???? Here's hoping!

Des

You can't create a true page turn effect unless it's a real 3D program. That's why I always recommend Blufftitler. It's relatively inexpensive and not that hard to learn.

There's other 3D programs like Blender, that is free, or After Effects, which is expensive. But they both have steep learning curves unless you can find pre-made templates.

Any attempt to make a real 3D page turn effect in PSP is going to look very obvious and would only lessen the quality of your show, in my opinion.

Besides, if it was possible, Dale would have figured it out a long time ago :wink: :)

Joe

Esteemed Member

Postby des.tom » Sat Dec 05, 2020 6:28 am

'afternoon Joe,

I made the posting in the hope that perhaps someone had found a way of adding a page peel/curl transition to those built-in Producer; no expectations so not surprised by the lack of responses.

I've been playing around with my idea a bit more - no holidays to give me new photos for shows! - and have come up with this:

https://vimeo.com/487553114

While in most hard-backed books the covers are usually slightly larger than the pages, in paper-backs they are the same. By working on the latter, I don't need the edges of the inner covers to be displayed, and can use a page peel/curl transition between the slides. I've tried this out in this Book Trial using a few peels/curls transitions including the parchment peel which I created myself. I think that one probably works best, particularly if I use a deckle-edge paper. I'd prefer to have the cover edges showing but at least it'll be something a bit different!!!!!

Des

Postby CindyE » Thu Dec 17, 2020 8:48 am

Hi, Aleina has a nice album using a page curl, not sure if you've seen hers yet. Her page is in Russian, but you can do a Google translate if needed, she has some nice PSP templates. The album I'm referring to is called Aleina's Album Styles for Proshow Producer 5. The page is here http://aleina-show.ru/paket-stilej-albom. Her main site is http://aleina-show.ru/. I think she's also a member of ProShow Enthusiasts. Not sure if this is what you're referring to, but thought I'd pass on the info. Hope this helps.

Esteemed Member

Postby des.tom » Thu Dec 17, 2020 1:50 pm

Thank you. I know of her work.

Des

Esteemed Member

Postby des.tom » Sun Oct 03, 2021 1:33 am

Here is the link to a show I've managed to create of a book using page turns for the covers and page peels for the pages:
https://vimeo.com/620097711

I'm now trying to use a page curl in place of the peel and the "Page Curl - Glossy Opaque - Bottom Right" works well. However, the back of the page is white and I would like it to be parchment to match the front. Modifying this in the peel transition is straightforward; in the curl transition it appears to involve wmf files so I haven't a clue how to proceed.

Help appreciated.

Des

Postby dsprincis » Sun Oct 03, 2021 10:50 am

I found this from 2014 - maybe it will help.

viewtopic.php?f=10&t=22547&hilit=edit+transition

Esteemed Member

Postby des.tom » Mon Oct 04, 2021 5:16 am

Thank you - I had spotted that. As I said in my request for help, I can edit a transition involving jpgs but this one uses wmf files so I imagine I need to create a wmf file from/of my jpg but I haven’t a clue. As Dale said in the response you referred to “the ability to edit transitions is for a knowledgeable and intrepid few”.

Des

Postby heckydog » Mon Oct 04, 2021 5:41 am

Des,

I have worked out how to replace the glossy white background with the parchment. That was the easy part. The wmv files are used as masks which were most likely made using a 3rd party program like After Effects.

But I still need to do some tweaking. The parchment has a texture vs the solid glossy white version so that would require that the pattern moves from bottom right to upper left the same as the curl.

I'll email you what I have so far so you can offer your input and/or suggestions.

Joe

Esteemed Member

Postby des.tom » Mon Oct 04, 2021 6:41 am

Hi Joe - one of the knowledgeable and intrepid few!!!!!!!

Thanks as usual. It looks easy - when you know how.

Des

Return to PSP - Tips & Tricks