AVCHD to MP4 Converter

Discuss which third party applications you use to help create your slide shows using ProShow Gold. This is not a forum to promote other slide show software programs.
Esteemed Member

AVCHD to MP4 Converter

Postby des.tom » Sat Aug 14, 2010 10:04 am

I've recently purchased a Canon Legria HF20 camcorder which saves in AVCHD format. I understand that I need to convert the files in order to incorporate them in PSG and that the best format is MP4. I've tried doing this with the software that came with the camcorder - ImageMixer3 - and Serif's MoviePlus X3 and have been very disappointed with the results (the quality of the originals is very good). Would be grateful for any recommendations of other software which I can try - ideally freeware! - plus any advice.

Des

Esteemed Member

Re: AVCHD to MP4 Converter

Postby mikemullett » Sun Aug 15, 2010 12:03 am

Des
I had the same problem with my Panasonic TZ10. Try this site:

http://www.daniusoft.com/tutorial/avchd-converter.html

Mike
There's no such thing as problems, only challenges
Nikon D5300 DSLR, PSP, Photoshop CS6, Premiere Elements 8, Adobe After Effects. Have just built a Win 7 Core I5 machine, 8G ram, 1TB hard disk

Esteemed Member

Postby des.tom » Sun Aug 15, 2010 2:45 am

Thanks Mike. I downloaded a trial version of Daniusoft Video Converter and gave it a try. I tried several of the HD video options - I'm new to this so not even sure this is the right option!! - but didn't get a good result. Which settings do you use for use in ProShow, please?

After posting my request for info, I found a Top Ten Reviews site which gave AVS Video Converter 6 as their top package. Again, I've downloaded a trial version and this has provided me with the best results todate. However, as with the Daniusoft program - and most others I suspect - the options are many. So, if anyone has researched this and come up with the best option - suspect this must be a compromise between quality and memory requirements - for use with ProShow (Gold), I would be delighted to hear them.

Des

Postby PaulS » Wed Oct 06, 2010 6:53 am

Another forum member has recommended Easy Video Converter and has included a link in his post. The thread is "Editing Video". I've downloaded it to give it a try. BTW, it's freeware and purported to work with a multitude of file formats including AVCHD.

Paul

Return to PSG - Third Party Applications