Matte Magic

Discuss which third party applications you use to help create your slide shows using ProShow Producer. This is not a forum to promote other slide show software programs.
Valued Member

Matte Magic

Postby EYElene » Tue Jan 21, 2014 1:18 am

Has anyone used Matte Magic by Digital Juice? It looks pretty amazing.

Re: Matte Magic

Postby heckydog » Tue Jan 21, 2014 4:50 am

It appears that you need an external editor that can do luma mattes to use this product. They list After Effects, Final Cut Pro, Apple Motion, Adobe Premier, and Sony Vegas. Don't know if there are others that it will work with.

I have After Effects but, personally, I wouldn't spend the money because the way they show the mattes being used is not the style I would use for a slide show.

Joe

Valued Member

Postby EYElene » Tue Jan 21, 2014 9:59 am

They also list Producer. They even have a tutuorial for it.

Postby heckydog » Tue Jan 21, 2014 2:59 pm

Ah ha, I didn't go far enough down the page.

They are certainly easy enough to use directly in PSP. I like the vignette mattes. I have used basic vignetting styles (not from DJ) in the past and they can add a touch of class to an otherwise plain photo.

Joe

Valued Member

Postby EYElene » Tue Jan 21, 2014 3:17 pm

I'm so excited about getting this. :P It is a little pricey for me but I know it will bump my work up to a whole new level. Plus they will give me an extra $250 gift certificate.

Postby BarbaraC » Wed Jan 22, 2014 9:48 am

I just checked it out, watching a lot of the promo video, and the one thing I noticed is that the effects are used on video, not still pictures. This makes everything a lot more dynamic, so as long as you're still in the considering stage of the game, take another look at the promo, mentally substituting regular photos where they have video. It may be just the ticket for you, but it's good to consider the differences between motion and still.

Barbara
The Frame Locker - styles, transitions, frames, backgrounds, & more.
Subscribe to Frame Locker News for alerts to new products.
How-to's: ProShowThink

Valued Member

Postby EYElene » Wed Jan 22, 2014 10:31 am

Yes the demo shows them using videos. But the tutorial for Producer shows them using still images. So I will be able to use both. I'm buying it tonight. Can't wait! :P

Postby becky_calif » Wed Jan 22, 2014 7:51 pm

One thing I have found with the $250.00 coupons is if you use it towards a volume that sells for $99 on sale, you are charged the full price so the coupon
doesn't always pencil out to be such a deal after all. I got mattes in a super pack from local vendor, outsidethe box and actually prefer the ease of using them over the digital juice product, just my opinion.

Return to PSP - Third Party Applications