Undo command within editing window

Post your requested features for future versions of ProShow Gold here.
Esteemed Member

Undo command within editing window

Postby Mac » Mon Mar 17, 2008 2:37 am

How about an "undo" command within the slide editing window? You know, for those times you make an adjustment on a layer only to find out you changed the wrong layer?

Postby BarbaraC » Mon Mar 17, 2008 3:43 am

Control-Z works for the last change, but that's it. If I'm remembering correctly, when we sent Photodex a huge and long list of "wants," we asked for a Cancel button on the editing screen, but I don't remember asking for an Undo button. That would be an excellent addition. Just yesterday, I went a little nuts because of constantly changing the wrong layer, a situation caused by some kind of internal logic in the program that dictates which layer in the succeeding slide is selected. I'd prefer it defaulted to the top layer...except for when I'm changing the second layer in a group of slides. :(

Barbara

Postby PhotoMill » Mon Mar 17, 2008 8:46 am

I believe that when I called Photodex some time back, I had asked why an undo button had not been implemented and they said it was on the table in the request files. So, let's keep our fingers crossed but, it might be a good idea to refresh their memory on this one. "Undo" buttons are perfect for any kind of editing.

...Steve
Tax me...
I'm Canadian, eh?

Canon 50D & 70D, Epson 4990 Scanner, Epson R1800 printer
Lumapix, Paint Shop Pro X6, ProShow Producer 9
Video Studio Pro X5

ProShow Hall of Fame

Postby hardsoftware » Mon Mar 17, 2008 8:52 am

Actually Control Z works for not only for the last change but will work for any previous changes. Example, if you made 3 or 4 changes and realize that you are on the wrong layer, you would have to Ctrl z and the Slide Options Window opens, then click Done. Test the show, Still not satisfied? Then do this sequence until you get back to where you want to be.

Another way which is actually the same thing is that you can use the EDIT dropdown and click UNDO, again the Slide Options Window opens, Click Done. Each time you do this it takes you back one mistake until you get to where you think you want to be.

When I was making The Lost Hero, and sequencing the Medalians, I often screwed up the wrong layer and used the above methods to get back to where I could actually work on the correct layer.

Ben
PSG, & Producer 3,4 and 5. Photo Editing: PS Elements 2.0 & 5.0, Premier Elements 3.0,

PHOTODEX GALLERY: http://www.photodex.com/share/hardsoftware
UnEmployed, and getting pretty good at it!
Facebook look for Ben R. Baca.

Postby sheldonk » Mon Mar 17, 2008 9:06 am

I have this problem all the time! I go to the layer window and for example layer 3 is highlighted but Proshow is really on layer 4! Does that happen to anyone else?

Ben, I will try ctrl-z next time!

Thanks Everyone!

Postby BarbaraC » Mon Mar 17, 2008 9:14 am

I was assuming Ctrl-Z worked the same as in Photoshop, which is that it undoes, and then if you hit it again, it redoes. Good! Now I can slowly undo my way back to where I was still doing things correctly.

As for the wrong layer being highlighted, I think I've seen this too. It's just one more thing to muck up the works.

And one last thing that has nothing to do with undoing: so many buttons and sliders need to be double-clicked to actually work. Is this just a personal problem I have, or is everyone having it?

Barbara

Re: Undo command within editing window

Postby sillymilly » Fri Feb 06, 2015 9:25 pm

If I'm remembering correctly, when we sent Photodex a huge and long list of "wants," we asked for a Cancel button on the editing screen, but I don't remember asking for an Undo button. That would be an excellent addition. Just yesterday, I went a little nuts because of constantly changing the wrong layer, a situation caused by some kind of internal logic in the program that dictates which layer in the succeeding slide is selected
Last edited by sillymilly on Tue Dec 29, 2015 11:30 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Postby im42n8 » Sat Feb 07, 2015 10:16 am

Maybe I'm remembering wrong, but I've done multiple CTRL-Z's, each undoing a previous step I'd done. I do not ever remember it undoing an undo.

As for double-clicking things to get them to work ... Not in my experience. Double-click a slide on the timeline to open Slide Options. That's about it as far as I can remember. Double-click on everything would get old quick.
What's New: Tools for ProShow: v11.42a Access ProShow capabilities Photodex doesn't provide (For PSG & PSP).
FPVP Blog "Making the Difficult Easier," FPVP News

Postby BarbaraC » Sun Feb 08, 2015 4:02 am

im42n8 wrote:Maybe I'm remembering wrong, but I've done multiple CTRL-Z's, each undoing a previous step I'd done. I do not ever remember it undoing an undo.

As for double-clicking things to get them to work ... Not in my experience. Double-click a slide on the timeline to open Slide Options. That's about it as far as I can remember. Double-click on everything would get old quick.

My post was back in 2008, so who knows what has changed since then? Also, nobody knows what I was thinking or doing at the time, least of all me. :D

Barbara
The Frame Locker - styles, transitions, frames, backgrounds, & more.
Subscribe to Frame Locker News for alerts to new products.
How-to's: ProShowThink

Return to PSG - Feature Requests