Change slide times

Post your requested features for future versions of ProShow Producer here.

Change slide times

Postby Willem » Tue Dec 06, 2011 12:24 pm

I think it would be great to chance the time of a group or a selection of slides bij the same amount of time (example + or -1.5sec) or by the same percentage (example + or - 10%).

Willem

Re: Change slide times

Postby im42n8 » Tue Dec 06, 2011 7:16 pm

Select all of the slides you want to change the time of. When they're selected (highlighted, change the slide time of one of them and all will change to the same time. Likewise, if you change the transition time of any one of those selected slides, each of the transitions (to the right of the selected slide) will also change.

So, you have that functionality already!

Dale
What's New: Tools for ProShow: v11.42a Access ProShow capabilities Photodex doesn't provide (For PSG & PSP).
FPVP Blog "Making the Difficult Easier," FPVP News

Site Admin

Postby MG - Admin » Tue Dec 06, 2011 7:30 pm

I think what Willem wants is a bit more complicated. If I understand correctly, let's say we have 3 slides. The first slide is set for 3 seconds, the second for 4 seconds and the third set for 5 seconds.

If we select all three slides and change the time it will change the time for all three and they will now all be the same. I think Willem is asking that we be able to add or subtract a chosen time length to the existing slides. For example, selecting all three slides and then asking for each slide time to be increased by 2 seconds. This would result in slide one now being 5 seconds, the second slide now being 6 seconds and so on.

I'm not sure how that comes into play when creating a show, other than possibly making a show longer or shorter to fit certain criteria by adjusting the time globally on selected slides instead of manually adjusting each slide one at a time.

Mike

Postby im42n8 » Tue Dec 06, 2011 8:06 pm

Hmmm, actually that might be a quite useful feature ... and I definitely did NOT get that from his post. I think he ought to pass that little request on to Photodex. I don't remember this particular request ever being made of them.

Dale
What's New: Tools for ProShow: v11.42a Access ProShow capabilities Photodex doesn't provide (For PSG & PSP).
FPVP Blog "Making the Difficult Easier," FPVP News

Postby Willem » Thu Dec 08, 2011 12:26 pm

Expressed as Mike I mean really. So the percentage (or the absolute) change from the original times of a group of slides.
If you use this option for the entire slide show you can adjust quickly the pace of the show!

Willem

ProShow Hall of Fame

Postby DickK » Sun Mar 18, 2012 8:16 pm

I've wanted that idea many times when trying to get a slide sequence to match up with the music I want to use for that scene. Once I've picked the music clip for that scene I'd like to be able to, for example, fix that 3 second mismatch by adding a 1/4 second to each of the 12 slides all in one operation. Easy if all 12 slides have exactly the same timing but impossible if they don't.

Two thumbs up. :)

Dick
"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it." Aristotle ((PSG, PSE & Fuji HS20 user)) Presentation Impact Blog

Postby BarbaraC » Mon Mar 19, 2012 4:14 am

This is such an excellent idea that I just now put in the feature request at Photodex, but one voice is nowhere near enough. The more people who request a feature, the more likely it is to show up.

Barbara
The Frame Locker - styles, transitions, frames, backgrounds, & more.
Subscribe to Frame Locker News for alerts to new products.
How-to's: ProShowThink

Return to PSP - Feature Requests