Search Field in Styles Screen

Post your requested features for future versions of ProShow Producer here.

Search Field in Styles Screen

Postby Thomas1952 » Thu May 09, 2013 1:22 pm

My Slide Styles have grown to an almost unmanageable capacity. Sometimes I know the name of the Slide Style that I would like to use but I don't know in which Category to find it. Having a search box in the Slide Style screen would be a great facilitator.

Re: Search Field in Styles Screen

Postby im42n8 » Thu May 09, 2013 1:36 pm

You could try this:

Go to the styles list and select "All Categories." Start typing the name of the style. As you do, Proshow should jump to the name.

No, it's not obvious that you can do this. Try it and see if you don't get close to the effect's name you are looking for when you start typing in the name.

Dale
What's New: Tools for ProShow: v11.42a Access ProShow capabilities Photodex doesn't provide (For PSG & PSP).
FPVP Blog "Making the Difficult Easier," FPVP News

Postby bonalymac » Thu May 09, 2013 11:04 pm

There is one more step you need to do after selecting "All Categories". You need to click in the list of styles displayed to the right, otherwise the alpha search doesn't work.

When searching, you can search by more than one letter. If you are looking for say "Picture Line" style, then if you hit P you will be taken to the first "P" in your list. If you then hit "I" as the second letter of "Picture" you will be taken to the first "I" in the list.

But if you hit "P" immediately followed by "I", you should be taken to the first style beginning "Pi" - hopefully "Picture Line".

Also you can search within individual categories, so if you know the style you are looking for is in say "Complex Montages" then select that category, click somewhere in the list and type.

Finally, if the style you are after is say near the end of the "R" segment, sometimes it is easier to go to the next letter "S" and then scan backwards with the up arrow.

So not a substitute for a proper search, but a bit of help.
Colin

Postby debngar » Fri May 10, 2013 6:36 am

Thank you Dale for sharing this tip and thank you Colin for clarifying how to make this cryptic feature work. :)
Debbie
Photography http://deborah-green.com

Postby Oldguy » Fri May 10, 2013 7:05 am

And, you an narrow the field by, selecting "Layers"
and setting the number of layers for that slide.

Forrest

Postby BarbaraC » Sat May 11, 2013 4:40 am

Thomas1952 wrote:My Slide Styles have grown to an almost unmanageable capacity...

You might consider taking what's an annoying amount of time to go through your slide styles, checking for those you're unlikely to use and then exporting them to folders followed by deleting them from the styles listing in Producer. My own method is to create descriptively named folders that indicate what's inside them, and then exporting the styles to those folders. Once this is done, I burn them to a CD labeled with what can be found inside it. If I need any of those styles, it's a quick job to add them back into Producer.

Whittling down the list of styles not only helps when trying to find something, but it also unburdens Producer.

Barbara
The Frame Locker - styles, transitions, frames, backgrounds, & more.
Subscribe to Frame Locker News for alerts to new products.
How-to's: ProShowThink

Return to PSP - Feature Requests