Character spacing

Post your requested features for future versions of ProShow Producer here.

Character spacing

Postby Magmatic » Thu Jan 23, 2014 6:11 pm

In version 5 at least, in Caption Settings, you can adjust Character Spacing. But that slider is not included on the caption Effects tab. I wish it was.
David Shuford

Re: Character spacing

Postby gpsmikey » Thu Jan 23, 2014 6:24 pm

When you are working with a caption and are on the "Caption Settings" tab, look down at the "Caption Settings" dialog - 5th slider down is "Character Spacing"

mikey
You can't have too many gadgets or too much disk space !!
mikey (PSP6, Photoshop CS6, Vegas Pro 14, Acid 7, BluffTitler, Nikon D300s, D810)
Lots of PIC and Arduino microprocessor stuff too !!

Postby cherub » Thu Jan 23, 2014 10:30 pm

I think that David is referring to Caption Effects = keyframes.
He would like to be able to create caption effects that are based on the distance between letters.
For example: 1st keyframe - the letters are far apart - character spacing is 200
2nd keyframe - normal space - character spacing is 100.

I often wished for the same kind of effect. Now, in Producer 6, we have the option for text layers, and the ability to manipulate the character spacing through keyframes, would be a rather nice addition.

Postby im42n8 » Fri Jan 24, 2014 7:10 am

Yep, I think Mona had the stated desire right (keyframing captions' spacing between characters). I don't think that's going to happen tho. So, because of how captions (and text layers) are built, you're still looking (in v6 as in v5) at manipulating captions' content as single letters to get that desired effect.

With a text layer, you can create quite a large variety of text effects. But, for spacing between characters controlled by keyframes, I think you're stuck with working with single character captions for the forseeable future. The Character Spacing is a global caption feature ... and no global features have access at the keyframe level. So, it's why you have to create the effect yourself. Using multiple text layers and modifiers on the Text Effects | Position settings for each, I think you can create this effect quite simply. It's the only way I know of to work around the global features limitation.

Dale
What's New: Tools for ProShow: v11.42a Access ProShow capabilities Photodex doesn't provide (For PSG & PSP).
FPVP Blog "Making the Difficult Easier," FPVP News

Postby debngar » Fri Jan 24, 2014 8:54 am

Hi David,

As a workaround, I know this suggestion is not the same as having total key frame control of the character spacing as desired, but in the meantime, did you try applying the caption motion choice (in "normal" effects setting area) called "spacing out" which displays a slow widening of character spacing effect during the slide time. Just a thought. :roll:
Debbie
Photography http://deborah-green.com

Return to PSP - Feature Requests