Macros - from a text file

Post your requested features for future versions of ProShow Producer here.

Macros - from a text file

Postby michaellowe » Sun Apr 24, 2016 6:30 pm

I have used Proshow producer for many years and continue to upgrade to the latest version. I like the idea of using a macro, but wonder if anyone else has a need to create a text file (to be used in a caption) that can be changed by changed the text file the caption gets the text from. For instance, if I create a happy birthday video for all my facebook friends and wanted to include their name in a slide caption. I would want to change the name in the text file and create the video file. I know you could go into producer and change the name manually there before creating the video, but if that text (name in this case) is used over and over throughout the show, that would make your chore difficult to do.

It would be such a great feature to create a macro that takes the text information from a plain text file and if the text file is changed, then when creating the show, all places that file was used is automatically changed.

Hope this makes sense.

Re: Macros - from a text file

Postby cherub » Sun Apr 24, 2016 8:56 pm

Just a thought:
Did you know that a show (a psh file) is in fact a text file?
You can open it in Notepad and edit it, just as you would edit any text.
What I'm actually saying is that, you can do a search/replace in Notepad, and change the name of the person each time. This will take care of all the occurrences of the name in the show.
Then save the file with a new name, and with the extension psh. And, voila, you have a new show with the new name in it.
Won't this achieve what you are after?

Return to PSP - Feature Requests