New Show - Let There Be Peace On Earth

Post a link to your shows created with ProShow Gold and get feedback from others. Please include a short description or title for each show link along with the approximate running time. If you don't want to chance getting criticism, please don't post your show.
Location: Beautiful Virginia Beach, Virginia StarlightPPS.com

New Show - Let There Be Peace On Earth

Postby alcain » Thu Aug 10, 2006 8:35 am

This is a thought provoking show on "Peace On Earth". I loved the song from the moment I first heard it. The intro is a little disturbing, but the show moves quickly to a more peaceful mode. I had to first show "war", for my viewers to see the effects of war, and the peace that we all need to find within our own selves and our community and our nation. Please offer your thoughts...

http://www.photodex.com/sharing/viewsho ... 9443&alb=0

Peace be to you, ~al
Last edited by alcain on Thu Aug 10, 2006 3:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ProShow Hall of Fame

Postby 57Corvette » Thu Aug 10, 2006 9:37 am

Al,

I tried twice to watch your show ........ both times it took a long time to down load and after viewing about 30 seconds, I got an error message and it shut down. I will try again tonight on my home computer. maybe my work connection is too slow for your show, although it is DSL.

Bob

ProShow Hall of Fame

Postby 57Corvette » Thu Aug 10, 2006 9:58 am

Al,

I finally got your show to play .......... nice job, well thought out and the music matched the photos perfectly. Scary to see how young our fighting men and women are. Thanks for posting this great show.

Bob

Esteemed Member

Postby gnj1207 » Thu Aug 10, 2006 10:32 am

Hi Al- What a great show! I too love that song (imagine that-you and I liking the same song). :lol: I actually sang that song in church when I was a teenager. Seems like so long ago! Hopefully, one day, there will be peace on earth where everyone is equal and all nations can live together in harmony.

Take care,
Julie

Peace on Earth

Postby hiloduffer35 » Tue Sep 04, 2007 2:51 pm

Al,
I realize that you posted this over a year ago, but I just "found" it today. VERY MOVING and absolutely wonderful. Please keep it posted so I can re-visit it at will!
Elizabeth

Postby alcain » Tue Sep 04, 2007 3:27 pm

Elizabeth,

As you can see, my 'style of show' relies on the music and the images. I seldom use anything fancy - in this way, the viewer can focus on the meaning of the show, and not the mechanics of the show.

Thank you for your comments. I appreciate you taking the time to view 'this old show'.

Blessings, ~al
Using Producer V4, PS CS5, and the Nikon D80, D90 & D7000 for all of my professional work.
BFA with a major in Communication Design, Texas State University, 1978
And now abideth faith, hope and love, these three; but the greatest of these is love.

pixmike

Re: Peace on Earth

Postby pixmike » Tue Sep 04, 2007 3:32 pm

Hi Al,

Very, very touching photos! Perfect selection. Well presented, as usual, perfect flow. The transition with the kids, wow! They should send "sniper Bush" for a month there, front line.

Peace... and yes, love!

Mike :wink:

Ann Coulter

Beautiful Show

Postby Ann Coulter » Tue Sep 04, 2007 4:56 pm

If there were awards for this forum, you should definitely win the top spot. This was a beautiful show. There probably aren't too many of us that don't know someone "over there" . And worry about them all the time, know matter how closely related. Your show was a beautiful tribute to something so ugly. Ann

wow

Postby Kay Gundlach » Tue Sep 04, 2007 5:41 pm

A powerful show Alcain. Are the photos ones that you have taken?
Gringa

Postby Jerry Cole » Tue Sep 04, 2007 9:53 pm

Al,
Over a year ago, and it's still fresh. Showing soldiers as real feeling people and the ones who "pay our dues" is a stark contrast to the cold statistics of war... But there is hope in each new generation.

Well done Al.

Jerry
San Diego Guy
PSG, PSP, PSE8 & Nikon D80 user
"I don't give a damn for a man that can only spell a word one way." Mark Twain

akpe

Postby akpe » Tue Sep 04, 2007 10:41 pm

wow,what a brilliant show. i really have a lot to learn.
thanks for the show.

Borrowed Photographs for this one

Postby alcain » Wed Sep 05, 2007 2:16 am

Thank you all. Gringa, I cannot take credit for any of the photos except for four of the images (the statues). Most of the adult war images were borrowed from a church member who was in the war as a photo journalist. He had a slideshow and talk one evening at church about war, which I attended. I immediately thought about doing a show in Proshow and asked if I could borrow some of his images. In return, I gave him a DVD of this show which he was very impressed with. I agree, it is an ugly topic, but even the bible says, "there will always be war" and near the end of times, there will be "war and rumors of war". But even though it is written... I can still believe that it must at least "begin with me". Blessings to all, ~al
Using Producer V4, PS CS5, and the Nikon D80, D90 & D7000 for all of my professional work.
BFA with a major in Communication Design, Texas State University, 1978
And now abideth faith, hope and love, these three; but the greatest of these is love.

The Die is Cast

Postby BuddyB » Wed Sep 05, 2007 4:12 am

But we can all try. It is a beautiful show; made me weep at the thoughts. Thanks for your magnificent contribution. I'm just sorry I didn't see it sooner. BTW where did you obtain the stock motion footage, and what's the format?
Thanks again, BuddyB
"Wichitaito" Everything is Everything

Raymond Bradley

?

Postby Raymond Bradley » Wed Sep 05, 2007 5:33 am

AMEN!

rAYMOND

Let There be Peace on Earth

Postby hiloduffer35 » Wed Sep 05, 2007 8:51 am

Well Al, guess I opened a can of "nice" worms! Really glad I found this slideshow AND started conversation AGAIN! I showed it to an Army Mom who has a 24-year-old in Iraq at the moment and will show it to a National Guard gal heading that way in October. Army Mom was very impressed and appreciative. We all want peace (and Vince sings that song so wonderfully!), but as the young soldier recently said when talking to his mother, "You took care of me for so many years, I am so proud to be able to keep you safe and [b]free."[b] Thanks again for being so insightful and creative.
Elizabeth

Next

Return to PSG - Sample Shows & Feedback