Tulips Galore - 3 min

Post a link to your shows created with ProShow Gold and get feedback from others. Please include a short description or title for each show link along with the approximate running time. If you don't want to chance getting criticism, please don't post your show.
Valued Member

Tulips Galore - 3 min

Postby lindonalta » Thu Apr 26, 2012 11:42 am

I made a recent trip to Washington USA to see the fields of tulips and daffodils in bloom and a spectacular site it was.
I thought the song "Over the Rainbow" was appropriate.

Constructive criticism is always welcome.

Linda

http://www.photodex.com/share/lindonalta/8kdpcmg4
Last edited by lindonalta on Fri Apr 27, 2012 12:50 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Re: Tulips Galore - 3 min

Postby gpsmikey » Thu Apr 26, 2012 12:58 pm

You didn't stop and say hi ??? (I'm about 60 miles south of the tulip fields there in the Skagit). Excellent images and the perfect song for it. couple of minor things - there are a number of the shots that lean (like mine tend to do) - the horizon isn't level. There is also about 30 seconds of black/silence at the end ?

mikey
You can't have too many gadgets or too much disk space !!
mikey (PSP6, Photoshop CS6, Vegas Pro 14, Acid 7, BluffTitler, Nikon D300s, D810)
Lots of PIC and Arduino microprocessor stuff too !!

Valued Member

Postby lindonalta » Thu Apr 26, 2012 6:43 pm

Mikey: If only I had known a fellow Enthusiast was so near. Thanks for pointing out about the excess silence at end - not sure how that happended. You have a good eye for spotting the leaning horizon.

Postby gpsmikey » Thu Apr 26, 2012 7:02 pm

lindonalta wrote:Mikey: If only I had known a fellow Enthusiast was so near. Thanks for pointing out about the excess silence at end - not sure how that happended. You have a good eye for spotting the leaning horizon.

Heh - I have had it pointed out to me a few times in my shows which is why I watch it more carefully these days :lol:

Actually, I know of at least 3 of us in the area here (well within 50 miles of me). Which side of Alberta are you in ? The flat side (East) or the mountains (West) ?

Here is another shot from the area you were in looking at Mt. Baker with the late afternoon sun on it.

Facing the other way (west), same day, here is a flock of snow geese heading off into the sunset with some strange clouds.

mikey
You can't have too many gadgets or too much disk space !!
mikey (PSP6, Photoshop CS6, Vegas Pro 14, Acid 7, BluffTitler, Nikon D300s, D810)
Lots of PIC and Arduino microprocessor stuff too !!

Postby tdew » Fri Apr 27, 2012 12:20 am

On a ship in the middle of the Atlantic at the moment, so am being frugal with my internet use and cannot watch the show until later, but I'm sure it's one I'd enjoy. I'm going to be in Keukenhof, Netherlands in a few days to see the tulips there. They are such delightful flowers and I'm thrilled that our voyage fit right in at the right time.

Honorary ProShow PHD

Postby stickgirl » Sat Apr 28, 2012 4:23 am

The rows and rows of tulips and daffodils were beautiful. Over the Rainbow was perfect song for this show.

I've tried growing both, only to have the squirrels dig them up.

I know that daffodils and tulips don't stay in bloom for that long. I wonder what becomes of the field then?

Thanks for sharing!
Kathy

Esteemed Member

Postby Jim Adams » Sun May 27, 2012 6:38 am

Beautiful color and patterns. I especially like the close-ups and low angle shots. You gotta get your knees dirty when shooting flowers. Your opening shot was fantastic with that wonderful soft light and shallow depth of focus.

The scenics with blue sky were more appealing than those with brightened clouds. A good case for HDR software if you don't mind using a tripod and have a camera that brackets. Oloneo is the best and most natural HDR software in my mind. If you have Photoshop but have not upgraded to CS6 those bright clouds can probably be recovered with the updated "Highlights" in Camera Raw. It can acomplish much more than previous versions.

Israel's Hawaiian version of a classic was a great music choice. You had me from the get go with that song and your opening shot.

Valued Member

Postby lindonalta » Sun May 27, 2012 9:16 am

Jim: Thanks for watching and commenting on my tulip show. I try to get the best pics I can with my simple Canon
point and shoot and I don't have Photoshop for editing. I'm not into all the technical stuff and gadgets for picture taking - keep it simple is what I use and need.
Linda

Esteemed Member

Postby glyn53 » Sun May 27, 2012 12:58 pm

I've never seen so many Tulips in one place. Lovely photos and perfect music

Glyn

Honorary ProShow PHD

Postby Penny47 » Sat Jun 02, 2012 8:13 pm

Just loved the show needed to see some flowers instead of grey skies :-)

Penny

Honorary ProShow PHD

Postby Lavina Molnar » Sat Aug 18, 2012 5:05 pm

Wow, what a sight indeed - must be a wonderful place to visit. Lovely photos set to perfect music. A most enjoyable show.

Lavina
Vision + Strong Desire + Knowledge + Imagination + Persistence = Success

Return to PSG - Sample Shows & Feedback